Family

Braeden's POV

I felt Valé's soft hair brush against my face, and I opened my eyes.

"Valé...?" I spoke.

She gently rubbed my face while my head rested on her thighs.

"Braeden..." She sweetly said. "You aren't alone anymore. Everyone is here for you."

My eyes widened when she said that, and I could feel tears starting to form.

"I'm sorry..." I sadly said. "It's my fault..."

"This... was never your fault." Valé gave me a bright warm smile, then she kissed me on the forehead. "Braeden, it's time to go. I'm always going to be with you from now on. Love never dies."

I reached my hand up, and held her soft face.

"Valé..." I said as I gave her a soft rub. "Thank you."

Valé smiled one last time.

"Of course." She said. "My hero."

I opened my eyes. I was laying in a bed back at my old academy, but I was surrounded by my friends. Dylan, Lee, Declan, Lenny, Willis, Vix, Preston, Tirza, Lavana, Callie, and Capri.

I sprung up, ready to leave again, but they held me back down.

"Let me go...!" I yelled at them. "I have to kill Jin! I have to!"

"Braeden wait!" Declan said. "Listen to us!"

"Braeden...!" Capri yelled. "It's not your fault!"

I froze when she said that.

This was never your fault.

Valé's words came back to me from my vision, and tears began forming in my eyes.

"Braeden... please don't push us away." Said Tirza. "I'm sorry about Valé. We all are. She didn't deserve what happened to her."

"But... you still have us. All of us." Said Lee.

"Spex, Echo, and Minerva too." Said Lenny.

"Let us carry your pain with you." Said Callie. "You're not alone."

"We all have the same goal. We want to defeat Jin too." Said Lavana. "So let's do it together."

"Please Braeden..." Said Capri as her voice began breaking. "I don't think I can lose another person I care about."

"This... is something I have to do myself..." I told them. "This is a fight that's destined to take place  between The Wielder Of The Perfect Hyper Crystal, and The Strongest Villain In History. I have to avenge Valé..."

"Braeden..." Dylan walked forward and looked into my eyes. "We can all see that you're lost right now. You've hit a wall that you can't overcome with strength alone. So... let us handle the things you can't take care yourself. In order to be the greatest heroes ever... we'll save you, Echo and Minerva, and everyone else. Anyone in need of a hero... so please... back."

Their warm smiles made me breakdown as what started as light tears, turned into a stream that ran down my face. I tried to stop, but I just kept crying.

"G-Guys..." I sobbed. "I... I..."

Everyone surrounded me in a warm group hug as I continued crying.

"It's okay... everything is going to be okay..." Capri softly said.

"You aren't alone anymore." Tirza smiled.

"From now on, we'll fight together." Dylan said. "Side by side, as one."