Ion Flash

Braeden's POV

Lightning began flashing around my body as I prepared to fight.

"So you've chosen death." Daka said as he aimed his revolvers at me again.

He began firing multiple rounds as I dashed across the building to dodge the bullets.

But... something felt off. My speed... it's not as fast as it usually is. My body feels so heavy.

I fired Thunder Whips at buildings to swing around, but even that felt slower.

"You're starting to realize." Said Daka.

"Agh...!" I cried out as I hit in the stomach by another bullet.

My blood began flying into the air, and my body felt even heavier and slower than before.

I don't understand...! The bullets don't appear to be all that powerful, but it's like each shot is weakening me more and more! This has to be his power... is it his guns? Or is it something else?

"You're all out of options boy." Daka said as he fired a flurry of bullets at me.

I narrowly dodged each shot, but it became harder and harder to move my heavy body.

I can't defeat him with this kind of speed or power... I won't be strong enough!

I jumped up into the air, lightning shrouding my fist.

"Bolt Strike!" I yelled as I closed in on the ground, and plowed my fist into the street, creating a large dust cloud.

"Fool." Daka said. "The minute you appear from the dust cloud... you're mine."

If my power and speed are waning, then I have to end this fight in a single blow, and it has to be strong.

"Why the hell are you working for a madman like Jin?!" I yelled out from the dust cloud. "You have to be aware of what kind of world he wants to create! Why would you want that?!"

"What I want doesn't matter." Daka said. "I owe everything to Jin."

I began shooting a flurry of Thunder Whip tendrils from my arms out of the smoke cloud, and could hear Daka firing a wild amount of shots at my tendrils. While he shot at them, I jumped high into the air, finally getting close to him.

But... I was way slower and weaker than usual, that when I closed in, it felt like I was falling in slow motion.

"Did you really expect that plan to work?" Daka said as he swung his revolvers right into my head, sending me flying back.

Dammit...! I was so close! I can't generate enough speed or power to land any hits on him...!

"Agh!" I yelled out as another bullet struck my thigh and more of my blood flew into the air.

"A child like you couldn't possibly understand the meaning and loyalty of friendship." Daka spoke.

"What makes you say that?!" I yelled as I began falling through the city.

"Jin... is my best friend. And I wasn't there for him when he needed me most." Daka said. "If I was, then maybe I could've prevented him from going through with this pointless plan of destruction! But because I didn't, I owe it to him to help him! That's loyalty you'll never understand!"

Daka began firing more rounds at me. I spun my body around in midair to dodge best I could, but the bullets still grazed my body.

In a way, I could've been like Daka. I could've joined Devin feeling like I owe it to her after what happened to her. But that's not the way to go about this.