Sheer Malice

Vale's POV

"Fist Of Retribution!" I yelled as I smashed my fist into Jin's chest, returning all of the damage straight to him.

"Argh...!" He grunted as he flew back but landed on his feet.

"V-Valé!" Echo exclaimed.

"You're here...?" Minerva said.

"It's okay now." I smiled at them as I helped Spex up. "Spex, are you okay?"

"Gahk..." Spex coughed up blood. He was in really bad shape...

My hair began glowing with a golden light as I shined my power over Spex's body.

"V-Valé no..." He said as his wounds began healing.

"I'm sorry." I gave Spex a warm smile. "This is all I can manage right now. Here, take this."

I slid him the case of Cell Activation Fluid and his eyes.

"The Cell Activation Fluid! You found it?!" He exclaimed.

"Please take care of Echo and Minerva." I said.

"Valé... don't!" He yelled to me.

Even still, I turned to face Jin.

"You... who are you?" He asked me.

"My name is Valéntina Marley." I told him. "I know who you are, and I will defeat you."

Jin looked at the spot where I had punched, and saw that it was slightly caved him.

"At least you have powers..." He said. "Let me ask you a question Valéntina. Why are you a hero? Why protect the weak when you could rule over them?"

I answered his question with no hesitation.

"Being a hero isn't about having power over someone. It's not about deciding who lives and who dies. I protect those that can't fight for themselves, because they deserve a chance at life. They deserve to wake up tomorrow. Tomorrow, their wounds could heal. Tomorrow, their dreams could come true. Tomorrow they may tell someone that they love them." Braeden popped into my head when I said that, and I made two fists. "That's why I'm a hero. I fight for the sake of protecting their tomorrow's."

"And what about you? You'll die here. You won't get to see tomorrow." Jin said.

"That's the thing." I said as I smiled. "I am not going to die here."

There was silence between us. All we did, was stare each other down.

"I see." Jin finally spoke.

His body began glowing with blue aura.

"Aura Enhancer Type: Bulk Up!" He yelled as his whole body powered up.

"Direct Counter Type!" I said as my body continued shining with a red light