Valéntina Marley: Rising

Valé's POV

I had never felt power like this before. Usually, my direct counter type is completely defensive... but this feel like something powerful. Something destructive.

"So this is how it is then." Said Jin.

"No matter what it takes..." I started. "No one... is dying here!"

I'll inflict as much damage as possible...

I made two fists and prepared myself to rush forward.

"Bladed Counter Type..." I started as the red glow around my body flared up even more.

Jin's eyes widened when my power increased.

"Heh..." He started. "You heroes... just never know when to give up. Even at death's door."

I'll give it everything I've got. My heart and my soul! I'll pour ever ounce of strength into this attack... and defeat him!

"To overcome the crisis in front of you..." I started as I began quoting the words that Braeden said. "You have to give it everything you've got! And save people no matter the cost! That's what makes a hero!"

"Sacred Chi Strike + Leviathan!" Jin said as blue aura began wrapping around the dragon heads, forming an aura powered dragon.

"Full Counter Blitz!" I yelled as I shot forward, straight towards Jin.

"Dive Of The Sacred Dragon!" Jin rushed in right at me, and we collided into a massive explosion.

"VALÉ!" I heard Spex yelled out my name one last time.

"AHHHHHHH!" We both screamed out as within the explosion we began throwing punches, my powered up fists, vs his aura blades.

My eyes flashed red as I threw my final punch, and landed right onto Jin's Giga Crystal, creating another giant red energy explosion.

Braeden's POV

"Valé!" I yelled as I ran as fast as I could.

I finally reached the source of the explosions, right as it erupted for a final time.

All that remained now was a big cloud of thick smoke. I couldn't see Valé or Jin, and my heart began racing.

Where is she?!

Finally, I could see two silhouettes forming as the smoke cloud faded away. I could see Valé's hair and her shoulders as her Direct Counter Type started to fade away.

There she is...! Did... she win...?

Then... the smoke cloud fully faded away, and my heart stopped.

Blood was running down Valé's mouth. Her fist was on Jin's forehead, and he seemed unaffected... while Jin's arm... had impaled her clean through her heart.

"A-Argh...!" Jin cried in pain as her ripped his arm out of Valé's body and began stumbling back. "M-My powers... I reached... my limit..."

Valé began falling over, and I ran straight to her, catching her body before she could hit the ground.

"K-Kyojiro...!" Jin weakly yelled. "W-We're leaving!"

A flaming blue portal then appeared behind Jin, and slowly began dragging his body towards it.

"DON'T RUN AWAY!" I screamed at Jin as he slowly limped towards the portal. "TURN AND FACE ME COWARD!"

He turned around, anger burning in his eyes at being called a coward.

"B-Braeden Wilson..." He weakly held his chest in pain. "L-Lucky you... I've reached my limit... I'll kill you... another day..."