Symbol Of Love

Echo's POV

"This battle... is decided... she'll be dead... within minutes..." Jin weakly said as he reached the flame portal.

Braeden turned and glared at Jin, holding Valé's body in his lap while his eyes burned with rage.

"DON'T FORGET THAT SHE FOUGHT YOU ALL BY HERSELF WITH JUST HER HYPER CRYSTAL WHILE YOU HAVE MULTIPLE DIFFERENT POWERS!" He screamed at him as my body began shaking with emotions, and tears filled my eyes. "SHE WAS AT A DISADVANTAGE AND SHE STILL FOUGHT AGAINST YOU WITH ALL OF HER STRENGTH! SHE'S A TRUE HERO! DON'T RUN AWAY YOU BASTARD! YOU'RE A COWARD! NOTHING BUT A COWARD! VALÉ IS STRONGER AND BRAVER THAN YOU'LL EVER HOPE TO BE! NO MATTER HOW MANY GIGA CRYSTALS YOU HAVE! YOU DIDN'T WIN AGAINST HER! SHE DIDN'T LET A SINGLE PERSON DIE! SHE FOUGHT WITH ALL OF HER STRENGTH TO PROTECT EVERYONE! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LOST! VALÉ... IS THE TRUE WINNER!"

Jin finally disappeared into the flame portal. Braeden began breathing heavily from screaming his lungs out at Jin as tears began falling down his eyes.

He let out one final scream of rage as tears streamed down his face, and screams of rage turned into sobs of sadness.

"N-No..." Minerva softly said.

Spex was quiet as his body trembled with emotions.

Tears began falling down my face as I watched Braeden cry, holding Valé in his lap.

Braeden's POV

I couldn't look at Valé. I was too slow. I failed. I let this happen... I-

"Braeden..." Valé quietly said my name as she reached her hand up to me, and gently held my face.

"Valé..." I said as tears kept falling from my eyes, and I held her hand in place on my cheek.

Her pretty eyes were still open, but they were dulled by pain.

"Echo and Minerva..." She softly spoke. "And Spex..."

"They're okay." I spoke through my tears. "You did it. You saved them Valé."

Her Hyper Crystal began forming cracks on it as her blood began soaking the ground.

"I'm glad." She said as she was able to form a small smile.

I squeezed my eyes shut. I couldn't look at her like this. It's too hard...

I felt her thumb gently rub my face and I couldn't help but open them again.

"Let's talk..." She said. "One last time."

I nodded my head as she wiped my tears away.

"Y-Yeah." I said.

"Don't feel bad. I know you. Y-You're... g-going to blame yourself..." It seemed like she was having a difficult time speaking.

"Valé I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." I said as the tears fell once again.

"Smile Braeden..." She said as light tears began to fall out of her eyes as well. "I want to see you smile again... this could n-never be your fault..."

I couldn't smile no matter how much I tried. I just... couldn't...

"I'm sorry that this happened..." I said. "I... I don't think I can do this Valé... not without you..."

"You can." She said as she continued rubbing my face. "Y-You're... the strongest person I know... y-you'll be okay. I k-know that you can... defeat him..."

"No..." I cried as I held her soft hand. "I could never be in a world without you... please Valé... don't... leave me..."

"Braeden..." She said, her voice becoming fainter with every word. "I... have to k-know... did you... ever... feel... the s-same way...?"