Chapter 17: Even

(EDITED)

I wake up and walk downstairs and see Jeremy's phone and wallet.

"JEREMY!" I call out running upstairs. I see him barge out of my sisters room without a shirt on and his pants unzipped.

I couldn't believe it. Were they about to get intimate? 

This was amazing! Maybe I should break up with Jeremy, so Brianna can date him and I can date Jason.

"Mind explaining?" I ask, acting like I'm mad.

"Vicki, please don't hate me." He says

"I'm not gonna hate you. I just...need to think." I say closing the door.

I run out of my house into my car with the keys in my hand. This was it. This was your chance with Jason.

What happened to ignoring him?

Screw that shit. I'm in love and he is too. We deserve each other.

I still couldn't believe it. Brianna cheated on Jason with Jeremy. I know I should be fazed by all of this, but I'm not. Right now, things couldn't get better. Some people would think I'm this sick person with issues, and in some cases I am, but I have a perfectly good reason to be happy.

I knock on Jason's door, knowing his parents aren't home because they are stuck at work in the mornings.

"Hey, what's up?" He answers the door, grunting from the bright morning light.

"OMG. I have amazing news. But first, a question."

"Why are you being a bitch to me around Jeremy?" He suggest.

"No. Do you want to be with me? Like in a relationship? Dating, kissing, making out, having sex-possibly..." he looks straight into my eyes when I mention making out.

"Vicki, a relashionship is more than kissing, making out, and having sex. Its loving someone, doing anything for them, protecting them, and doing the best at trying not to let go." He pauses and sighs. "I love you and I will never stop. The more you push me away the stronger my love grows. Of course, I wanna be with you. I would do anything to be with you, bu-"

"If you really love me you would break up with Brianna!" I shout at him,  cutting him off.

Wow, where did that come from? You're happy remember? You're a happy camper, Vic.

"Vicki, Brianna loves me and I can't just brea-"

"My God Jason! She doesn't love you. Not like I do! She just slept with Jeremy last night!" I just hope he doesn't get angry. He would rather be with Brianna than me? That hurts.

"Your Jeremy?" He says shocked.

"Yep. My Jeremy." I say putting on a smile.

"That's..." he trails off

"Amazing? This way, if my sister and Jeremy get together, you and I will finally get to be together and won't have to be screwing around. This way, we won't be a secret." I finish

He doesn't respond. I take a seat on the couch next to him.

"Are you sure this is right?" He lays his hand on my thigh.

"I don't know, but my aunt told me that people in love would do anything or hurt anyone just to be together. Is that us?"

He looks at me straight in the eye. He doesn't say anything but instead he leans in and kisses me. He wraps his hands around my waist and pushes me back,my head resting against the arm. "Yeah, that's us." He says smiling.

"I have to go. Knowing my sister, she is probably going to confess. You have to be super calm and understanding, but you can't tell her about us. Let me do that."

He nods and gets up off of me. I stand up, bend down and kiss him again on the lips. I walk out, leaving Jason on the couch.

I'm so happy!

No...

I'm overjoyed! I feel like fireworks are bursting out of me like in the Katy Perry video. I've never felt so giddy in my life.

Feeling giddy is nice.

I should feel giddy more often.