¡Bonus Chapter!

This is the bonus chapter of the new ending, where Jason lives! I was getting so many positive responses from you guys, plus I was bored so I made a bonus chapter. Thank you guys!
• • •

"They are your friends, Kai!" The siblings come barging into the house.

"I don't care! I don't want you near them shamelessly flirting!"

"I wasn't flirting!" Olive declares, looking at Kai in the eyes. "And Kai, I like him and I know he likes me-"

"No."

"Stop being so overprotective!"

"You're my little sister! It's my job to keep you safe!"

"No, it's not! It never was!" She shouts back.

I take a sip of my coffee, watching the twins bawl at each other, them not even noticing Jason and I as we stand at least a yard away.

Kaiden growls. "You will not have any relationship with anyone and I'll make sure of it!"

She gasp, flailing her arms. "You can't do that!"

"Watch me." Kaiden seethes.

Finally, Olive seems to notice us staring and turn to us. "Mom, tell Kai to get out of my love life."

"Get out of her love life, Kai." I say.

"She shouldn't have a love life." Both my husband and son say simultaneously.

"That isn't fair!" My daughter states. "You switch from girl to girl every five minutes!"

"That's because I'm older."

"By a minute and 23 seconds!"

"Stop it, you two!" I yell, having enough of this. "I'm sure you both have homework. We'll talk to you about this later."

The both scoffed, stomping up the stairs to their rooms. "Could you move slower?" Kai complains.

"Could you be more of an-" Their chatter fades as they walk up.

"She shouldn't be flirting with anyone." Jason sides with Kaiden.

"She's 17 and a junior in high school. I think it's okay to let her date, Jason."

"I don't."

I chuckle, placing my now empty coffee cup in the sink. "Do you remember when we were like that? Young and so in love."

"I'm still so in love, aren't you?"

"Yes." I nod. "But I think we can make an exception to let her find her own person."

"She's going to get hurt."

"That's inevitable. Even we hurt each other back then."

And it was true. I faintly remember the pain, but it was there and it was worth it, because now I'm a happy, married woman with twins and a wonderful husband.