5

Later that night Kara picked up Lena at her place, she had a single rose in her hand as she waited for Lena to open the door. Kara was looking down at her outfit examining it once more as the door opened up. Her head snapped up and she met Lena's bright green eyes. "Hey Lee! Oh...uh...this is for you." Kara said as she handed her the rose. "Thank you Kara! You look lovely tonight." Lena replied. "Thanks...you do too! Are you all set?" Kara asked. "Yes." Lena replied. Kara took Lena's hand in her own as they walked to the elevator.

Lena tried to behave in the elevator...she really did...however Kara looked absolutely stunning her blue dress with her hair up in a bun and the light makeup on her face...she couldn't help herself. Kara looked at Lena and smiled at her and leaned into Lena giving her a chaste kiss on the lips. However instead of letting Kara pull away Lena wrapped her arms around her and deepened the kiss, pushing Kara up against the wall of the elevator. They only pulled away when the doors opened up. Gasping for air, their lips puffy from the kiss. "That was...wow!" Kara whispered. "Yea..wow!" Lena replied as they walked towards Kara's vehicle.

"This is me..." Kara said as she opened the passenger door allowing Lena to get in. "Thank you..." Lena said as she got inside the car. Kara gently shut the door before getting in herself. The drive to the Italian restaurant was short but they both made small talk together. "Here we are." Kara said as she put the car in park and quickly got out racing to the passenger side door opening it for Lena once again. "Wow! You open the door twice in a row...how did I get so lucky with my soulmate?" Lena asked teasingly. "I don't know...would you like a new one? I'm sure there's a store out there that sells new soulmates." Kara replied teasingly.

Lena laughed out loud at the blondes words. "Come on Kar...let's go in." Lena replied. Kara held the door open and followed Lena inside. "Table for Danvers." Kara told the man behind the counter. "Of course! Right this way ladies." He said with a smile. Kara pulled out Lena's chair and pushed it in for her before taking her own seat. "Here are your menus I'll give you a few minutes to look over them." The man said as he left them alone.

Kara and Lena took their time looking over their menus before deciding on multiple dishes. "Do you need to sample everything?" Lena asked. "Yes, I've got to sample everything and write about the presentation of the food, the servers, the atmosphere, everything really." Kara explained. "Oh wow!" Lena replied. "I'm also gonna throw in on if the restaurant is a good date restaurant or not...you know for people looking for a place to take their soulmates on a date." Kara replied. "That sounds like a good idea." Lena replied.

After sampling all their food they decided to pack up the things they liked best and took it back to Lena's place. "So...I suppose you have to go home now huh...and write your article..." Lena said. "Actually...I can stay if you prefer...I did bring my laptop with me." Kara replied. "Excellent! I'll go heat this stuff up and we can sit on the sofa and watch a movie." Lena replied. "Ok...I'll go grab my bag and be right back." Kara replied with a smile.

A few minutes later Kara returned with her over the shoulder bag that not only held her laptop but a spare set of clothes inside as well. "Hey!" Lena greeted with a smile. "Hey!" Kara replied as she sat down beside Lena on the sofa. She pulled her laptop out and began typing the article up all while Lena sat next to her watching her.

A little while later Kara had sent her article off to Snapper and put her laptop away. "Shall we eat and watch a movie?" Lena asked. "Yea, that sounds great!" Kara replied. "Ok...I'm gonna go get into some comfy clothes...uh...do you want to borrow some?" Lena asked. "Uh...sure." Kara replied as she followed Lena to her room. Lena pulled out a shirt and some sweat pants and handed them to Kara. "Bathrooms right there..." Lena said. "Ok..I'll be right back..." Kara replied.

A little while later they were sitting together eating food on the sofa and watching a movie. Once the food was mostly gone Kara took it upon herself to toss the containers in the bin before returning the sofa. As time went on Kara and Lena began moving closer to one another without realizing it was happening. Kara put an arm around Lena when she put her head on her shoulder pulling her closer. Butterflies danced in their stomachs. Lena made the first move by putting her hand on Kara's thigh causing Kara to turn and look at her. "Lee..." Kara whispered. "Kara...." Lena replied.

Green eyes flicked between blue ones and red pouty lips quickly before making a move. Lena straddled Kara's lap and kissed her hard on the lips. Kara's arms wrapping around Lena's neck deepening the kiss. The kiss lasted several minutes before they pulled apart. "Do want to stop?" Kara asked. "No...do you?" Lena asked. "No..." Kara replied. "Bedroom?" Lena asked. Kara nodded as she stood up still holding on to Kara and walked them to the bedroom.