32

At five in the evening Kara walks into L Corp to pick up Lena from work. "Hey love! Rough day?" Kara asked as she walked into the office to see paperwork spread all over Lena's desk. "You could say that. I've convinced the board to ok the changes to L Corp. But now I'm stuck with all this damn paperwork." Lena groaned. "Here let me help you love." Kara replied. "Thanks darling. I have everything organized, I just need it put into the right folders." Lena explained as Kara set to work.

A couple hours later the woman were all done filing the paperwork away. "Thank you. I mean that, I'm not sure how long I'd be here if you didn't come when you did." Lena said. "I'm glad I could be of service. Now are you ready to go home?" Kara asked. "Yes love I am." Lena replied with a smile. Together they headed toward the elevator and hit the down button and waited. "I've already placed an order for food. I've ordered us two chicken salads with dressing on the side and extra croutons, they'll be at our place when we arrive." Kara added as they got into the car. "God! You're absolutely perfect!" Lena gushed with a smile. "I love you too." Kara replied.

A few minutes later they were walking inside their penthouse, salads in hands. After kicking off their shoes they sat at the table and ate their salads. Kara poured the wine as Lena prepared their salads. "This is nice." Lena said as Kara took her seat opposite her. "Yes it is." Kara replied with a smile. "When does your mom come to town?" Lena asked. "In two weeks. She's looking forward to the visit." Kara replied. "I'm looking forward to meeting her too." Lena replied. "What about your parents? Will they be joining us for Thanksgiving?" Kara asked. "No. Mother called me after you left to tell me that she and father will be going to Spain for the next four months. So I shouldn't bother calling them." Lena replied bitterly. "I'm sorry Lee." Kara said. "It's ok, your mom is coming, and we'll have our friends here with us. It'll be a great all girl holiday." Lena replied with a smile. "Yes it will be." Kara replied as they continued eating their salads.