23

Once Kara gets home she begins looking int to renting a cabin for Saturday and Sunday for just herself and Lena. Then she starts looking for a nice restaurant to make reservations at for everyone to dine at on Friday night. She quickly finds one that has an opening for Friday night for six people. "And it's completely private?" Kara asks again. "Yes ma'am." The woman says. "Thank you!" Kara replied as she ends the call. "Perfect! Everything's perfect! Now to get ordering Lena's gifts." Kara says as she opens an app on her phone and begins looking at different things.

Meanwhile Lena is busy with meetings and wondering what Kara is planning for her birthday. "I hope she's not doing anything extravagant..." Lena whispered to herself. "Who's doing what?" Sam asked. "Huh? Oh...um Kara's planning something for my birthday next month." Lena replied. "That sounds good! How come you don't sound excited?" Sam asked. "Cause I have no idea what she's planning on doing. You know I hate surprises." Lena groans. "Well she's your soulmate Lee..I'm sure she'll plan something wonderful for you...maybe she'll tell me about it and I can fill in the details." Sam replied with a smirk. "She already said she's not telling anyone until they need to know." Lena replied. "Damn! She knows me all too well!" Sam replied laughing.

Back inside the penthouse Kara is just finishing up an order for Lena's gifts. She's ordered several items from Etsy. She's ordered several handmade necklaces, and some custom candles along with a few sets of handmade earrings. Kara just hopes that Lena will like them when she gives them to her in a month. After that she decides to start some food for dinner so she goes into the kitchen and begins forming some ranch burgers that she'll cook up later with some shoe string fries.

A few hours later Lena comes home looking very exhausted from her day. "Hey darling! I got burgers and shoestring fries cooking." Kara says as she helps Lena out of her jacket. "Thank you. It smells good in here. What's in the burgers?" Lena asked. "I put some ranch powder in them give them a little bit of flavor." Kara replied. "That sounds really good." Lena says. "Rough day?" Kara asks. "Yea...a lot of meetings to get through." Lena replied. "Well go get on something comfortable love and when you get back it'll be time to eat." Kara says with a smile.