11

The next afternoon Kara and Lena went out to the ice cream shop and got two cones before walking around the nearby park. "See isn't this better than staying inside all day?" Lena asked. "Yea...I suppose." Kara replied with a half smile. "Oh come on...we've got plenty of time to do those things." Lena replied with a smile. "Yea..you're right." Kara replied with a smile. As they walked around the park they made small talk about everything under the sun. "Let's sit here." Lena suggested.

The bench was warm from the sun, the sunshine was beating on them as they ate their ice cream. "So what are some of your holiday traditions?" Lena asked. "Uh...well Alex and I go to Midvale for it, we pick out a tree, decorate it, make cookies, watch movies...the whole thing." Kara replied. "That sounds wonderful." Lena replied. "What does your family do?" Kara asked. "Noting like that. We usually have a quick lunch then go our separate ways. My family isn't into holidays." Lena replied. "That's sad. You can always come with us...if you want." Kara suggested. "I'd like that. It would be wonderful to see where my soulmate is from." Lena replied.

"Ok! I'll call mom later and tell her that this Christmas you're coming too." Kara added. Kara began watching a mother and a young child playing on the swing set. Lena noticed this and began feeling warm inside her body...a warm that wasn't from the sunlight beating down on them. "Do you want kids one day?" Lena asked. "Yea...one day. What about you?" Kara asked looking at Lena. "One day...one or two." Lena replied. "Two is a good number." Kara replied.

After their ice cream was gone the women began the walk back home. "So what's your mom like?" Lena asked. "She's your typical soccer mom. She loves everyone she meets, so you have no reason to be nervous. Mom loves to bake especially around holidays, or birthdays." Kara replied. "Speaking of birthdays when is yours?" Lena asked. "Uhm...it's September 22." Kara replied. "Mine's October twenty fourth...almost a moth after yours." Lena replied.

"We should do something for your birthday." Kara said. "Only if we do something for your birthday too." Lena replied as they stepped onto the elevator. "Ok..." Kara replied. Lena smiled to herself like she always did when Kara agreed with her.