21

After work Lena picked up Kara and headed home. "So what time are we meeting everyone at the restaurant?" Kara asked. "At six. Can you zip me up?" Lena asked as she turned around in her black dress. "Are you sure we have to go out for my birthday? We could just stay here..." Kara whispered. "We can leave early if you want..but yes we need to go out. Sam, Lucy, Alex and Kelly are all waiting to give you your gifts. And if we don't go out you won't get my gift." Lena purred. "Uh..ok..ok..let's go..." Kara groaned.

A few minutes later the women arrived at the restaurant. Everyone was seated at a table waiting on them. "Happy Birthday Kara!" Everyone cheered as they approached. "Thanks guys!" Kara said as she took her seat, with Lena beside her. "Is everyone ready to order?" A waitress asked. "Yes!" Everyone said. Once their orders were placed everyone began passing Kara their gifts. Kara opened them and thanked everyone for them. Alex got her some new clothes, and Kelly got her some books from her favorite authors. Lucy got her a new jacket and some of her favorite candy. Sam got her a necklace per Alex and Kelly's suggestion. Lena's gift waited until after dinner.

"So how are you enjoying your birthday?" Lucy asked. "Well...I had to work but Julie got me a coffee and a doughnut when I arrived at work. She had them put 'happy birthday' on the doughnut which was nice. Then Lena came at lunch and brought me a cupcake, that was good too. And now I'm here with all of you having a nice dinner together, which is really lovely. Thank you for the wonderful gifts." Kara said. "And now its time for dessert and my gift." Lena said as she put a small box on the table. All eyes went to the box.

Kara slowly picked it up and opened it to reveal a beautiful emerald necklace inside it. Kara's mouth dropped open as she gaped at it. "Do you like it?" Lena asked. "Like it? Lee! I love it! Thank you darling!" Kara gushed as she pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm glad you like it sweetheart." Lena whispered.