20

Something has been on Lena's mind lately. She wanted to purpose to Kara, however she wanted to get permission from Eliza and Alex before she did so. However she'd be seeing Eliza for Christmas this year, which would be a good time to get permission. She'd already gotten a ring...well she made one in her lab. It had three tiny emeralds in the center of it with white diamonds along the band. She'd been working on it since Kara moved in with her in the summer, now it was fall and the ring was finally finished. Lena placed it in black velvet ring box and put it into a drawer with a biometric lock on it. "Now..we wait till Christmas." She said to herself.

Inside Kara's office she was busy doing paperwork when her phone rang. It was Eliza calling to see if they'd be coming up for Thanksgiving this year. "Let me talk to Lena, and see what her plans are, and I'll call you later mom." Kara replied. "Ok sweetie! Sounds good to me." Eliza replied before the call ended. "Now to go see Lena." Kara said to herself. "Kara! Lena's here to see you, shall I send her in?" Julie asked. "Yes Julie, go ahead." Kara replied.

Lena walked into her office holding two chicken salads one with extra croutons in it and two cups of sweet tea in her hands. "I thought I was coming to your office today..." Kara said with a smile. "Well...I wanted to surprise you." Lena said as she sat the stuff down on the coffee table. "So? How's work going?" Kara asked. "Good, I just made plans to close down L Corp over the Christmas and New Year holidays." Lena replied. "Oh that's wonderful! Speaking of holidays, I know we agreed to go to my mom's for Christmas...however Mom called me earlier to see if we'd be coming up for Thanksgiving." Kara replied. "Of course! I'd love to go." Lena replied.

Kara picked up her salad and noticed there was an extra box behind it. "What's this?" Kara asked. "It's just a little surprise." Lena replied. "Lee...I thought we were doing something after work for my birthday..." Kara groaned. "We are..but I saw this and I thought 'what the heck'." Lena replied. They ate their salads and discussed what to bring for thanksgiving. "Well mom usually makes a bunch of desserts, Alex usually brings drinks and chips. And I bring dips and a green bean casserole." Kara replied. "I'll bring...wine.." Lena replied chuckling.

"Now..open this." Lena said as she picked up the small container. Kara rolled her eyes at it as Lena handed it to her. She opened to reveal a cupcake with blue frosting and sprinkles on it. "Lee! This is so adorable! Thank you! I love it!" Kara said. "I'm glad. Now enjoy it. And happy birthday again." Lena replied.