Chapter 30: Gossip, Guests, Asking, and drawings...

Later that evening in the (women's time) communal showers. The ladies were either brushing their teeth, showering, changing to their sleepwear(underwear or under clothes), or just chatting about stuff like the today's events, training or guys.

Mari and Dae were brushing their teeth and Shino and Jie were taking a shower as they heard their fellow UNE Marines and Atlas soldiers gossiping about men.

"So you two," Elm asked Winter and Harriet who were drying their hair. "who you have a crush on?"

"Hmm... I think Anthony." Winter said after thinking. Jie flinched at the revelation.

"David for me." Harriet answered with a smirk. Shino flinched too and looked at the Atlasian woman with dark skin with magenta eyes that turn yellow when she uses her semblance, small brown hair with 2 big tan strands sticking up in the front.

Jie and Shino keep their relationships with Anthony and David secret from everyone. So no one knows about it. So the Chinese woman and Japanese woman tried very hard to hide their jealousy.

Both exchanged a quick, concerned glance as they continued their showers, trying to keep their composure despite the bombshell revelations from Winter and Harriet. They both knew that their relationships with the men were private, but hearing other women express interest in their partners stirred a mix of jealousy and protective instincts.

"Why Anthony?" Elm pressed, curiosity piqued.

Winter shrugged slightly, her usual composed demeanor giving way to a rare moment of vulnerability. "He's dependable, strong, and has a sense of duty that I admire. Plus, he's got this charm that's hard to ignore."

Harriet, ever the confident one, added, "David's just... solid. He's always there when you need him, and he's got that rugged, no-nonsense attitude that I find really attractive."

Mari, who had been listening intently, smirked as she finished brushing her teeth. "Seems like you two have it bad."

As the conversation continued, Jie and Shino finished their showers and stepped out, wrapping towels around themselves. They exchanged another glance, this one filled with a silent agreement: they needed to talk.

Back at their bunks, once they were sure no one else was around, Jie spoke first, her voice a whisper to ensure privacy. "We can't let this get to us. They don't know about our relationships, and it's better that way for now."

Shino nodded, her expression serious. "Agreed. We need to stay focused. We can't let this affect our performance or our cover."

Despite their agreement, both women felt a lingering unease. They trusted Anthony and David, but the thought of other women eyeing their partners added an unexpected layer of tension.

Meanwhile, in the communal showers, the conversation had shifted to more lighthearted topics. Elm, now curious about the preferences of the other women, asked, "What about you, Mari? Anyone caught your eye?"

Mari chuckled, rinsing her mouth. "Oh, I keep my options open. Plenty of interesting guys around, but no one in particular yet."

The camaraderie and banter among the women continued, but for Jie and Shino, the evening had taken on a new complexity. They resolved to keep their relationships strong and their jealousy in check, knowing that the challenges of their missions and the bonds they had formed with Anthony and David were worth protecting.

As the evening wore on, the conversation in the communal showers began to wind down, with the women discussing their plans for the upcoming day and sharing light-hearted stories about their past experiences. The atmosphere was relaxed, but the tension between Jie and Shino was palpable, even as they tried to blend in with the jovial mood.