Chapter 49: Back with new ranks, new guys, and SOG

After another three months of relaxing, doctor visits, training, and calling several banks and insurance companies due to thinking their dead. The eleven marines and Atlas soldiers returned to active duty being stationed back at Vale in the Joint UNE Marine Corps/Atlas Military/White Fang Base.

Ryan who is in his Service uniform showed rank insignia is now a Sergeant Major to his fellow marines, "That's right boys and girls! I was nearly ranked up Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps!" Ryan announced with pride.

"That's nice and all, but do you realize how much paperwork is going to be on your desk?" Anthony asked as he and David were in their service uniforms as well.

"That. Plus, I to do something stupid to not get that promotion." Ryan said as Winter and co walked in.

"Like what?" Winter asked raising a brow.

"Probably do something like piss off a superior." Ryan said.

"That is true." Harriet said, "Who'd you piss off?"

"She wasn't my superior, but kissing Miho worked." Ryan said making the Atlasians shocked and Winter wanted to strangle Ryan for smooching her great aunt. "Not gonna lie. She has very soft lips."

"I will strangle you for that." Winter said.

"No need." Miho said.

Ryan felt a pair of soft hands wrapped around his neck and choked him, "GAHH!! LIKE I SAID BEFORE!! IT WAS WORTH IT!!" Ryan cried.

"Good to have you all back. It was getting lonely without you guys." Sienna said.

"Thanks, ma'am. Too bad that Chris isn't here. But then again, he'll have a kid in two more months... still hoping it's just one kid and not twins." Anthony said.

Anthony, David, Mari, Igor, Shino, Jie, Kang, Felix, Dae, and Michael were all in their service uniforms and are now officer ranks.

Anthony and Jie became Captains, David, Igor, Kang and Shino became First Lieutenants, Felix, Michael, and Mari became Second Lieutenants, and Dae became a Warrant Officer.