32 | For My Sanity

I'm yours to keep
And i'm yours to lose
✧༺♥༻✧

"Jisung, lovely seeing you here" Luke gazes over my body before meeting my eyes again, a smug look on his face but a slight shock in his eyes.

"Not tonight," I tell him, not returning the smile and walking past him. He wasn't going to ruin this night, not for me and not for anyone.

I walk out the large doors and to the backyard, Hyunjin walking with me as we let the fresh air surround us. "Overwhelmed yet?" I look over to Changbin who walks up to us with Chan.

"Jisung's been overwhelmed since we first stepped out of the car last night," Hyunjin tells the two as I continue to look around the backyard filled with more unfamiliar faces. I mean, the decorations were beautiful, I give them that.

"Hey," My eyes snap to Chan, "It's normal to be overwhelmed by all of this" He motions to the people who were the epitome of expensive. I mean, they practically dripped money with how much perfume and cologne they had on, making me gain a nauseating headache.

"If you weren't overwhelmed, it would be concerning" Changbin admits, "Most people here are either pushing through the same or very much doped up on coke"

I nod slowly, "Good to know that I'm a part of their high"

The three laugh and Chan shrugs "Lots of rumors about the rich and what I can confirm, most of them are definitely on another planet"

"Most of them?" Hyunjin questions.

"Yeah, not all of them are bad people... I mean Minho and his family are possibly the most genuine out of this whole business" Chan says and I push my brows together.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, "Laughing without me?" I look to Minho who rolls his eyes.

"Finally remembered you had friends?" Changbin jokes, and they laugh but I don't as I step back and allow Minho's hand to slip off of my shoulder, he playfully nudges his friend.

"Oh fuck off, you guys already know how my dad is" He blows off their jokes and meets my gaze, realizing I in fact didn't know how his dad was.

Honestly, I came into this whole thing mostly blind but completely because I wanted to. For him.

He ignores the other three, motioning for me to walk with him. I accept, walking away from our friends and with him down the steps. At first, I wondered where we were going but ahead my eyes set on a greenhouse.

"I'm sorry I left you all alone" Minho apologizes, his hand grazes mine as he walks but he doesn't make a move to grab it as we pass the lingering eyes, instead he puts his hands in his pockets.

I shrug "It's okay" I reassure him, "I noticed something" I felt him look over to me as we were near the greenhouse, and I didn't stop to look over his curious gaze. I walked inside and my eyes roamed. It was free of people but filled with plants, beautiful and well looked after. I frown slightly.

"What did you notice?" Minho asks me, allowing me to look around as he stood there watching me.

"Do you guys grow all of your own vegetables?" I ask curiously as I look over all the sorts of vegetables growing.

"Ji"

I look over my shoulder "I'm actually curious"

Minho lets out a small breathy chuckle and starts walking towards me, I look away and continue to slowly walk.

"Jisung" I stop and turn to him "What did you notice?" He gently grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers, "Don't try to change the subject"

The only source of light was the moon, dancing on the side of his face perfectly along with the low music in the distance.