this is what falling in love feels like.

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

1950s AU inspired by Jvke's song and Heeseung's cover of it

Heeseung first saw her under the sun on the big grass fields of a nursery school, happily playing with the children outside, on his way to work. he was so mesmerized that he stopped his bike near the fence in order to get a closer glimpse at her.

she was wearing a beautiful rose sundress that fit her figure like a glove. children were all around her, giggling and playing happily with hula hoops, skipping ropes, and footballs.

"Miss Y/N! can you play skipping ropes with me?" one of the young girls asked the woman eagerly.

"of course, Marian," Y/N replied.

her voice is so beautiful, Heeseung thought, it's like music to my ears.

he wanted to stay there, looking at the attractive woman forever, but looking down at his watch, he realized that he was going to be late for work.

"gosh darn it," Heeseung murmured under his breath, "Frederick would kill me."

he hurriedly got back on his bicycle and pedaled off, but not before swearing to see the women once again.

"why are you late to work today, Heeseung?" Frederick asked.

"fellow, I think I fell in love," Heeseung confessed that he got off-track on his way to work.

Frederick, noticing Heeseung's love-struck expression, smiled and patted Heeseung on the back, "I'll let you off this time, you're one of the most hard-working ones in this company."

"thank you, Mr. Smith," Heeseung thanked endlessly.

"you're alright, Heeseung," Frederick chuckled, "you remind me of my wife and I back then. make sure to get the girl, alright?"

Heeseung blushed lightly.

the next day, he then saw her again helping the smiling children pick beautiful peonies.

she was wearing a verdigris green tailor tweed dress, with a matching pair of heels. her round and shiny pearl earrings dangled as she held her flawless hands in the tiny ones of children's. her smile could light up the whole world, just like how she did with the children right now. the giggling little girls were praising her as they tucked some peonies in her hair. one of the girls even made a whole peony flower crown for her.