heather.

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

I'm back in my Conan Gray & Olivia Rodrigo era, y'all!

for those of you who don't get the reference of heather, it's basically a sad one-sided love where the male likes the girl 'heather' who is so perfect, so kind, so pretty. and the song by Conan Gray Heather is like that. the main lead likes the male, but he likes heather :(

*sniffs*

"why would you kiss me," you murmured sadly, tracing your bottom lip delicately with your index finger as you watched your classmate, Nishimura Riki, walk out happily with Watanabe Hina. and you couldn't even blame him, "if you didn't like me in the first place."

although you had only interacted with the certain tall guy in your class a couple of times, he was always friendly to you. and so it did surprise you when one day, he gently planted a kiss on your lips before muttering an apology, running away from your stunned figure quickly.

you watched as Riki look at Hina with mesmerized eyes. those beautiful eyes, filled with dark swirls of black and chocolate brown, squinted with concern when Hina was shivered, her teeth clattering in the cold. it was winter after all, but the girl was only in her pretty white cardigan.

"are you alright, Nana?" you heard Riki ask, his utmost concern laced in his voice as she saw the shorter girl shiver.

"I'm--I'm fine," you saw Hina put up a brave face, as another gust of a cold breeze came.

"you're not fine, Nana," Riki chuckled as he took off his big gray polyester sweater. he gently put the sweater over her head and helped her fit her head and arms through.

"thank you, Riki," Hina had such a grateful look on her face as the tall male put his arm around her petite shoulders, protecting her from the cold.

"let's get you home, shall we?" Riki laughed. he didn't know that his laughter was so precious to you. it was like music to your ears. is this what the sound of freedom like?

"alright alright," Hina pouted adorably as the two walked off, leaving you alone at the spot where you watched them.

your soft sniffs from the cold were not heard as you wrapped your arms around your whole body, heading home with a stuffed nose due to the numbing of the cold.

"eish, I told you that you should have worn your coat, Y/Nnieeee!" your older brother, Park Sunghoon, shook his head in disappointment when you came back home, your face pale, yet your cheeks were burned.

"stop it, oppa," you huffed.

"eomma's going to get so mad at you," Sunghoon warned.

"unnie! what the fuck happened to you!?" Yeji came bustling down the stairs when she saw her older sister like that.

"I'm just going to do my homework," you said softly, "and not a word to eomma or appa, alright? the only times they actually see me is when I'm sick."

being the middle child was tough. not the youngest. not the oldest.

Sunghoon was three years older than you while Yeji was two years younger. that made you stuck in the middle as an 05' liner.

"take care of yourself, alright unnie?" Yeji smiled beautifully at you.

"I will, Jiji," you smiled back as you headed up the stairs to your room.