foreign trainee.

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

"eeeish, why would I decide to be a K-pop trainee," Y/N muttered as she sat down, exhausted from her dance lessons.

The 15-year old girl was from America auditioned into HYBE with no hope of getting in. To her surprise, she was the only one at of the thousands who auditioned to get in.

Feeling frustrated, she called her best friend from America to help her.

"Celine? You awake?" Y/N asked.

"of course I am, Y/Nnie, what's up?" Celine's voice was still cheerful and bright, despite the fact that it was 1 AM at night in America.

"I just need to vent out my life to you," Y/N said.

"definitely girly, I'm here for you!" Celine exclaimed.

"okay. So how in the actual fuck did I decide to audition to HYBE? Like I literally know ZERO Korean. My parents aren't Korean, they're Japanese for goodness sakes! I'm Japanese-American and I'm--"

"Y/Nnie, slow down slow down," Celine chuckled, "maybe you just need to do Duolingo."

"shit, why didn't I think of that," Y/N cursed, "I better do that right now."

"good morning," Celine yawned.

"you better get to bed, Celly," Y/N chuckled, "you still have school tomorrow."

"you lucky bitch," Celine said, "at least you don't have to deal with stupid Mr. Smith anymore."

After her dance and vocal lessons, Y/N would study Korean through Duolingo.

"hi," A tall male with an intimidating stare sat next to her.

"hi," Y/N did not look up from her phone.

"why are you learning Korean?" The male asked in Korean.

"I'm sorry what?" Y/N said in English, "I'm from America, so I need to learn Korean now."

"I see," The male smiled, "what's your name?"

"my name's Y/N," Y/N said, holding out her hand to shake.

"name's Niki," Niki said, "technically, Nishimura Riki."

"you're Japanese?" Y/N asked curiously.

"yep," Niki replied.

"same here," Y/N smiled lightly, "except my parents were immigrants to the US."

"wahhh, that's cool!" Niki replied in Japanese.