never chosen.

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

₊˚𓂃 ★﹒₊‧ ★・⸝⸝﹒₊˚

L/N Y/N had been a friend to the famous ENHYPEN member and former figure skater Park Sunghoon. since childhood, they have been the best of friends through ice skating practices and school.

but even in their teenage years, Park Sunghoon has always liked Kang Sunhee.

"come on, Y/nnnie, do you think Sunhee will like me?" 

"Sunhee's friends are trying to set me and Sunhee up for a date!"

"I have Sunhee's instagram and her recent post was a chef's kiss."

and Y/N swallowed all of his words with a bitter concealed smile.

"that's great Sunghoon," Y/N said softly, "you should ask her out." she was heartbroken as she has liked the boy ever since they became friends. but feelings couldn't be helped.

and when Sunhee and Sunghoon started dating, every single thing at school was about them. how they were happy. how they looked so perfect together. how they were probably the ones most likely to get married. 

gradually, the time spent between Sunghoon and Y/N started to decrease as Sunghoon would accompany his girlfriend everywhere. from her ballet practices, tutoring and homework sessions, and even during mealtimes. but what was worst of all, was Sunhee ice skated as well.

when Y/N was practicing on the rink, she would see Sunghoon and Sunhee happily skating together with their hands interlocked. their carefree laughs would echo around the cold rink. even the old halmeonis there picking up their grandchildren from skating lessons would smile fondly over the couple.

and it hurt so much, so damn much. because Y/N would see them everywhere, reminding her of the moments and memories that were lost forever.

she would see them at the mall, chatting and locking lips with each other. Sunghoon would be looking at the outfits Sunhee picked and critiqued it.

she would see them at the local park, where the ahjusshi that served ice cream every weekend would even give them an extra scoop of the delicious treat.

she would even see them at the café she worked at, where Sunghoon would acknowledge her lightly before turning and continue talking to Sunhee.

that was it.

she knew that she was never going to be chosen