CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE; MASS PROMOTION

It was when I saw my BECE result that I knew that some of the people we call teachers were actually liars. They told us that computers or robots would mark our scripts but that was a lie, I though so because I had two unexpected credits, one in Yoruba the other in French how come? I had all C's I felt a bit terrible because, I was expecting A's in mathematics and English. I didn't get that. I mean if I could get a 'C' in the Subject that I'm expecting an F in, how much more the one that I'm so sure that I'd get an 'A' in.
  I was still staring at my result on the wall of the Junior School stair case wondering what was going on.
Everybody on the list passed. Not one person failed It was very shocking because, a lot if the already prepared to come back to the Junior School and resit the JSS 3 Class but all of a Sudden, Everyone has been promoted.
  It wasn't until Second term in SSS 1 that I understood what really happened. Our English Teacher Mrs. Akindele explained to us that we were all mass promoted and this was making teaching really difficult fir her as it was really hard to get all of us flowing together. Some were so full that she was wondering how they got admitted into the Junior School.
   She further explained to us that the main reason for the mass promotion was because of the overpopulation. The Junior School Principal complained to the district that if we were to have repeaters among us she wouldn't know where to keep them.
  She ended with this striking fact"that is why the MOCK examination was created... That is why we always have mass failures in the MOCK examinations in SSS 2 because its the only way to remove the unserious ones , the ones who aren't catching up. So that the population would reduce."
   This is actually true, most times out of 100 percent 70 percent of the students who take the MOCK examinations fail.
Hence , repeating Wich often cause a massive drop out from School.
This is one of the reasons why a lot of young people are seen roaming around the streets Jobless, without a complete secondary School Education.
   This is so sad because, most of the teachers and government are so callous towards this as long as the children aren't theirs they are good to go and this is wicked in the sight of God.
   You can't spoil the future of other young people and expect the future of yours to be good. It's not possible.
"What you sow is what you reap!"