CHAPTER FORTY; MY WORST TEACHER

Just when I made up my mind to forgive, something really terrible happened when I resumed on Monday for the week.
  I entered my noisy class room immediately after assembly.
  "Um.. Please adjust." I said to my sit mate. She adjusted for me to sit and just when I was about to sit down, Florence shouted my name at the top of her voice.
  "Ah ahn.. why are you calling me?"
"You are making noise, I'll write your name in the names of noise maker o! "
" Is it not too early? I just asked her to adjust for me to sit down. "
" I'll write it o! "
" Go ahead and write it! " I yelled back at her angrily. She wrote it and that's not all she wrote ×10 in front of my name and this simply means that I'll be receiving any ten strokes of cane.
That didn't move me at all. To be honest everyone is tired of Florence. she is so mean and Callous. She makes decisions without consulting the rest of the class .
  When Florence is writing the names of noise makers, she doesn't inform anybody. Often times, when the list is too long, the teachers send her away telling her that they don't have the strength to flog.  This infuriates her a lot.
   Now, I actually miss Kehinde. I now know what the term "From frying pan to Fire means".
We had a good leader but we didn't acknowledge her. Now, we have the devil's daughter as a class captain!
   The annoying part of the  noise makers punishments is that, the children don't actually make noise, the first reason why it's so hot and noisy is because of the population. How can a class for 30 students be filled with 180 plus students without the fans working? and even if it is, it has to be turned off because the students Walk on the tables to get to. Their sits! The class is to full!
The second and the most annoying reason is this; teachers really come to the class. 'an idol mind is the devil's work shop ' they make noise because they are jobless, no lecture, no assignment, nothing! 'Well, can't they pick up their books and read? ' you may ask. They can't because majority of them were not trained to read books and the worst part of it all is that  can't even read properly or even read at all.
Lastly humans have to communicate. The students have to converse with each other. Talking isn't and shouldn't be regarded as NOISE!!

  Guess who Florence called to discipline us? None other than Mr. Dele.
When I saw Mr. Dele with the list, I knew I was finished. He doesn't like me anymore. The last time he spoke to me was two months ago when I was nominated to represent the School for a debate. They nominated me because, they had no other choice. I am the best in that school when it comes  to debating.
   Florence wrote my name on the names of noise maker for the first time and summited the list to Mr. Dele. When Mr. Dele called me out, he reported me to other teachers passing by, telling them jokingly that I'm truly a debator because my name came out in the names of noise makers list. The teachers then asked me to go back to my class room without flogging me.
   Just last week, on Thursday, he also gave me the look when he saw me and three other girls kneeling down outside the class room early in the morning. Mrs.  Arinola punished us.
  He didn't ask why I was kneeling down or why we were kneeling down, he just went straight inside the class room without looking at me to meet the maths teacher. I honestly don't know why she told him, but one thing is certain, I don't know why she punished us. One of the girls told me that someone insulted
Mrs. Arinola from the back,so she punished us instead thinking that we were the culprits.
To be honest, I still don't know why someone would comfortably sit down and watch others suffer for their sin! It's not fair, it's so unhuman. Mr. Dele looked at me in sorrow and disgust when he got out of the class room. He finally shook his head and went off without saying a word to me.
***********
  "So, you have started making noise." He said before replacing the cane he used on the other students. He asked me to kneel in front of him and when I did, he flogged me mercilessly. The class shouted out of pity for me. I couldn't even count it. I didn't cry as usual, but I was deeply hurt.
  This was someone I trusted and looked up to. I used to help him out on his duties as a teacher. He used to be my favorite teacher. How could he be so ruthless. He couldn't even find out from me first.
  He sent all of us out-the noise makers.
The weather was really cloudy, it looked like it was about to rain. I stood outside my class room, in the field, feeling so lonely yet surrounded by humans.
   I smiled bitterly as Mr. Dele walked towards me with a cutlass. Handed a cutlass to me first and said out loud "A student who can not read in School, should farm instead of wasting their time! Now all of you, to the mango tree... Cut all those grasses."
   We headed towards the mango tree with our farm tool-cutlass in our hands. We started uprooting the weeds with our cutlasses. We continued until it started raining. Even though it was raining, Mr. Dele  asked us to continue. He said most times farmers work in the rain too.
  It was when the water in the field rose to my knees, I started crying.
  I cried so hard that I got the attention of the rest of the students in the field.
I heard the bell for break and this caused me to cry even more because I hadn't eaten since morning and I was bitterly hungry and angry too.
  "See this mumu... Na now she de cry.(look at this dummy,is now she is crying.)" Michael insulted me.
"Se no be you be Mr. Dele pikin?( Aren't you Mr. Dele's daughter?)"

  " No.. I'm not.. he's my Worst teacher!"