CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT; LOCK UP!

The first term examination for SSS 1 was incredibly tough. This happened mainly because We all resumed late and a lot of teachers found it difficult to catch up. Now, the simple question is, "why set questions on topics that you haven't taught your students yet? So you enjoy failing them? "
   The most annoying of them all was the Literature Examination. We had our Literature Examination despite the fact that we don't have a teacher for that subject. Hence the examination was very tough and annoying.
   The results didn't come out until Second term Open day. I collected it myself. I wasn't happy and surprised when I saw my result.
I had a lot of F's . The only few subjects that I got credit in was; English language, Civic Education and Mathematics. The rest were F's particularly Yoruba.
  When I showed my Dad, his reaction was  surprisingly he just smiled and said"I know you'd do better if you were in the right place. But please put a little more effort." I was surprised that I failed because I wasn't used to failing. Notwithstanding the fact that I was expecting it. I was studying but not with a structure. It was then I realized they without the needed lecture, one can't study on his or her own and get A's alone.

***********

   It all started in December 2019 when the news got to the whole world that a virus called COVID-19, broke out of a lab and killed thousands of people. It went on and on until it got to Africa in 2020.
  We thought it was a joke until one cool morning during an early morning assembly on the 21st of march, Mrs. Bolanle made an announcement that public gatherings in Churches and Schools has been postponed until further notice. She then announce that the Country, Our County, Nigeria was in a state of lock down.
  We all jumped up in excited. We were happy, so happy that we wouldn't be in School for a month according to Mrs. Bolanle.
  I went home and told my parents happily.
  I was excited to be at home for a month. The sad reality was that we couldn't go to Church. We had to have online services at home with my mother's smart phone. It felt so awkward participating in Church service from home.

  From one month to two months from two months to three months. The lock down continued hopelessly. Businesses were ruined people who couldn't survive in Lagos had to relocate to their villages .
  Students who were going to private Schools were having online lessons while we the government students were having 'Radio Lesson' it's funny right? Radio lesson that was filled with so much advertisements. We could take classes on the radio but we couldn't summit out class works and homeworks on the radio. It takes a disciplined student or a disciplinarian parent to participate in a lesson like that.
  In my case I was a disciplined student because my parents didn't have that much time for me.
  My dad wasn't getting job offers because of the Lockdown. Everyone wanted to be on their own. At first we were in confusion. We observed the Social distancing, wore out face mask when going out and complied with all the laws put in place by the government and the NCDC ( Nigeria center for Disease Control).

  It was in this terrible situation, that We heard of a MAN OF GOD a PROPHET someone who stood , as one man for the TRUTH. He knew the truth and he wasn't afraid to tell it.
  This is none other than PASTOR Rev. Dr. Chris OYAKHILOMEH PHD, DSC, DSC, DD.
We weren't even a member of his Church Christ Embassy . We were Anglicans but not strong Anglicans. We were quiet Christians, who prayed once in a while probably when there is an issues.
  My Dad heard about him on the internet. He came back angrily from the market one evening and complained angrily.
"I honestly don't understand Pastors, instead of them to help, so that the Covid would end and Schools would open, they are there spreading fake news."
  "Which Pastor?" My mum asked Casually.
"Pastor Chris of course. He said that it's the 5G network that is killing people not COVID."
"Ah na wa.. ooo .That man ehn!" My mum exclaimed loudly.
    "That's not all o my dear, he said that the Covid is not real, BLA BLA BLA... That it was created and it is not deadly."
"Jesus!" My mum exclaimed.
"Let him go out without the vaccine and see if he would not get killed."
   My parents were so curious that they went ahead to search online for him and when they found out that he was holding a Global online meeting on that day by 7pm, they planned to attend not to learn, but to mock him and shout.
  The lord turned their mockery into inspiration. They were so inspired. I couldn't sleep when Pastor Chris was talking because some how, my spirit bore witness to what he was saying. I was afraid and enlightened at the same time.(for more information, Search for Your Loveworld specials with Pastor Chris Season one Phase One )
  At the end of the meeting, he ministered the holy ghost to viewers and guess what? My parents were touched.
I opened my eyes when I heard some strange words in the room.
I turned and saw my parents Speaking in other TONGUES! What a miracle my mum was even in tears. My younger Happiness was also speaking in toungues.It was so amazing. I felt the presence of God so strong within me. To the point that I also started crying. I didn't speak in tongues immediately. I did that later in the night.
  The next day, which was a Saturday, My dad called  for an early morning prayer for the first time and we all spoke in tongues except Peace who was staring at all of us like we fell from the sky.
  My parents told everyone about Pastor Chris and my Dad also made up his mind that we are now members of Christ embassy church and that after the lock down we would start going to Christ embassy Church.
  Our lives were no longer the same again.