2.5 - Yes, from beginning to end, he was just a pawn, but he did a good job

2.5 - Yes, from beginning to end, he was just a pawn, but he did a good job, at least you were really in pain

  When He Heng woke up, he felt a severe headache. He frowned slightly and turned around to see Shen Ran who had fallen asleep on the sofa in the hospital at some point. He still had a document in his hand, and the tea beside him had long gone cold.

  Perhaps the noise of He Heng waking up startled Shen Ran. He opened his eyes and subconsciously looked at He Heng. Seeing that he was awake, he breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Finally he woke up."

  The doctor came in and checked He Heng, making sure that he was fine. He then said, "It's good that you're awake. The injury is not serious. You just need to rest for a while."

  "Okay, thank you, doctor." Shen Ran stood up and sent the doctor out, then came back and stood beside He Heng's bed. He glanced at the pale He Heng, paused and asked, "Why did you appear in the underground parking lot?"

  He Heng sneered in his heart, but did not show it. He had already guessed that Shen Ran would ask this question out of suspicion, so he explained, "You said you had something to do in the evening, and I was worried that you would go out to drink again, so I followed you. I didn't expect to encounter this incident."

  After hearing this explanation, Shen Ran lowered his eyes slightly in doubt, and then said, "You are just an assistant. Just do your job well. Don't follow me next time."

  "Not following you? Do I want to watch you get beaten to death?" He Heng's tone was not good, with unspeakable sarcasm, and he was a little weak, sneering, "You are right, I shouldn't have saved you. Mr. Shen has his own arrangements, why would it be my turn as an outsider to intervene?"

  He Heng's words were heart-piercing. Shen Ran's face turned slightly pale and he frowned slightly. "That's not what I meant... It's just that I don't know much about the other party. What if the other party has a knife? Do you know how dangerous that is?"

  "I know, but I'm willing." He Heng looked into Shen Ran's eyes and said word by word, "Is this the first day you knew I loved you?"

  Shen Ran was slightly speechless after hearing this. He was silent for a long time before he whispered, "Regarding your father's matter, I have to do this. If you want to hate me, I will accept it."

  "Hate you? I want to hate you, but I just can't. I can watch you get beaten, but I just can't bear it. I feel soft-hearted and sad when I see you get hurt..." He Heng closed his eyes slightly, and laughed at himself, "I just fell into your hands."

  This time Shen Ran didn't say anything. After a moment, he turned around and left the ward. He Heng opened his eyes when he heard the door close. His eyes were full of ridicule and disgust towards Shen Ran.

  What love or not? From the day Shen Ran betrayed him, he wished Shen Ran would die as soon as possible.

  The deep love we once had seems so ironic now. The more we loved each other, the more disgusting we feel now.

  When Lin Ye arrived, Shen Ran had just returned to the company. He still had a lot of things to deal with. When Lin Ye opened the door, he saw He Heng lying on the hospital bed. He hesitated and stepped forward and said, "Mr. He, are you okay?"

  "Did you send the person away?" He Heng turned to look at Lin Ye and said, "Shen Ran is very smart. He will definitely track him down when he comes to his senses. Don't let him find any evidence against us."

  "I know about this. We have already asked them to leave. There are blind spots for surveillance over there. Everything has been arranged on the way. He will definitely not find out anything. Don't worry, Mr. He." Lin Ye was already familiar with this kind of thing. He said, "Mr. He, how is your plan going? Has Shen Ran softened his heart?"