3.7 - Chu Mu moved closer to Shen Ran and whispered in his ear, ...

3.7 - Chu Mu moved closer to Shen Ran and whispered in his ear, "You brought this upon yourself."

  "Chu Mu, although you brought the person back, Shen Ran is guilty of a serious crime and is a scourge to the entire Feng Shui world. In addition, you did have a relationship. This..." The old man sat on the chair and said, glancing at Chu Mu from the corner of his eye. He then said, "For the sake of fairness, why don't all the families come together to interrogate him."

  Chu Mu sat at his seat, with tea on his hands, but he hadn't moved at all. When the old man said this, he raised his eyelids slightly and said, "If you insist on doing this, I can't continue to obstruct you. But Shen Ran has too many evil spirits. If we are not careful, what happened three years ago may happen again."

  Hearing this, each family paused for a moment and looked at each other. What happened back then did cause a lot of damage, with evil spirits rampaging and hundreds of ghosts roaming at night. Lin Jiaojiao whispered, "We really need to be on guard. It would be best if he couldn't drive the evil spirits away."

  "Then what method do you think we should use, Sister Lin?" The young man surnamed Bai who was sitting next to them looked at Lin Jiaojiao. This person was the one Chu Yue used to revive the soul, but the matter of using a corpse to revive the soul was not tolerated by the Feng Shui world, so no one else knew about it except the two of them. Hearing this, Lin Jiaojiao glanced at the young man and said, "Bai An, if you ask me... He drives away evil spirits with talismans. It would be better to make him unable to draw talismans anymore."

  This method is certainly vicious, but it is indeed the most effective way.

  Bai An frowned slightly. He subconsciously glanced at Chu Mu. Seeing that Chu Mu had not said anything to dissuade him, he could only say, "This method is too insidious. If we really use this method, then what is the difference between us and... Shen Ran?"

  Lin Jiaojiao was about to speak, but she only heard Chu Mu laugh. He said, "To expel evil spirits, generally speaking, you do need to rely on talismans, but for someone like Shen Ran, talismans may not be the only way."

  Chu Mu is extremely talented, and his words are there, so even if Lin Jiaojiao wants to refute, she has no way to do so.

  "Then Chu Mu, what do you mean? Are you going to let him go?" Lin Jiaojiao folded her arms and sat on the chair. She raised her chin and said coldly, "Besides, since you took him away, none of us have seen him again. Who knows what will happen that we don't know about."

  Lin Jiaojiao's words implied that Chu Mu was shielding Shen Ran because of their old friendship. In fact, other people had this suspicion as well, but no one dared to say it in front of Chu Mu. Now, Lin Jiaojiao couldn't help but say it out loud.

  "So that's what you're worried about." Chu Mu lowered his eyes slightly, he smiled and said, "Okay, I'll have someone bring Shen Ran over to see what I've been doing recently."

  Upon hearing this, the people nearby immediately retreated. Bai An turned to look at Chu Mu, as if he wanted to say something, but in the end he didn't say it.

  *

  Shen Ran had just woken up when he was dragged off the bed. Everything was dark in front of his eyes and he couldn't see anything. He staggered as he walked, not to mention that he couldn't even stand steadily. His wounds were torn by the violent pulling of these people, and he was trembling slightly in pain.

  "Hiss——" Someone took a breath of cold air, followed by a low whisper.

  Shen Ran felt as if he was dragged somewhere. The floor was a little cold. He supported himself with his hands and managed to sit up so as not to look too ugly. His palms were a little sticky, so he couldn't tell whether he touched water or blood from his wounds.