2.24 - The expectations for the future were ruined by He Heng himself (End)

2.24 - Shen Ran: The expectations for the future... were ultimately ruined by He Heng himself. It wasn't unfair that he had such an ending. (End)

  After the secretary made the arrangements, He Heng took a car to the construction site in City A. This was a place he didn't want to come to. It was here that he almost lost Shen Ran, and in the end he really lost Shen Ran.

  When Jiang Baichuan knew He Heng was coming, he hurried out to greet him, but this time he was not as playful as before, and he didn't dare to say much. He just followed He Heng obediently, and only answered when He Heng asked, for fear that he might touch He Heng's bottom line.

  "This project has gone through a lot of ups and downs. You've worked hard." He Heng looked at the appearance of the future city and said, "Very good. The design of the entire building is very good."

  "Before, there was also a future city, and this one was built based on that prototype." Jiang Baichuan said carefully, "Mr. Shen said that the meaning of the future city is very good, so this is the east and west twin cities."

  "East-West Twin Cities?" He Heng was stunned for a moment. He had no idea what the East-West Twin Cities were, let alone that there was a Future City. He frowned slightly, turned his head and glanced at his secretary, and asked, "In addition to this Future City, has the company invested in other Future City projects?"

  The secretary shook his head. "Probably not. I haven't seen the document."

  "Ah, that Future City, it's an old city, built in the West City in the early years, and now it's all old buildings. Although the design concept is similar, it's not as beautiful as the ones here." Jiang Baichuan didn't realize that he had said something outrageous, and he continued, "Boss Shen said that the meaning of Future City is 'spending the future with you', which is an expectation for the future, a gift, and also a courtship, a kind of... implicit love, if I understand correctly."

  "Implicit love..." He Heng repeated in a low voice.

  "Yes, because I heard that the Future City was originally built to express a desire to spend the rest of one's life with the other person, so if you look down at the Future City from above, you can see that it is in the shape of a heart." Jiang Baichuan said with a smile, "Ours is the same, but I don't know who Mr. Shen is going to give this Future City to..."

  As soon as he finished speaking, there was silence all around. Even the secretary winked at him with a look of shock. Jiang Baichuan stopped talking abruptly. He realized belatedly that he had said the wrong thing and immediately broke out in a cold sweat. He turned his head to look at He Heng in fear, only to see He Heng looking up at the future city, holding the blueprint in his hand, but his hand was trembling slightly.

  "Mr. He... Mr. He?" The secretary was almost frightened. She asked quickly, "Are you okay?"

  He Heng ignored her words and turned to look at Jiang Baichuan. He himself didn't know how hideous his face was at the moment, as if he had heard something extremely terrible. He almost spoke from his teeth, "What did you just say? The old Future City is love, a gift, and the new Future City... is what Shen Ran wants to give it to..."

  "I... I don't know either. When Mr. Shen came here before, he specifically mentioned that this future city is also a gift." Jiang Baichuan didn't know much about the relationship between He Heng and Shen Ran. He was not from the head office and only heard a little bit about it. He trembled and said, "This is what Mr. Shen said, not me."

  The color on He Heng's face suddenly faded, his lips suddenly turned pale, and he looked at Future City in disbelief, and said stiffly, "When did he say that?"