3.23 - It's all over now. It's okay

The arrangement of the formation was exactly the same as what Chu Mu had said. At the beginning, just like that day, Shen Ran could feel a chill creeping up from his feet into his body. Occasionally, he could hear some strange noises in his ears. He wanted to ask, but after hesitating for a moment, he said nothing.

  It was a dark forest, without a trace of moonlight. Not even a bit of light could be seen in the dense woods. Chu Mu lit the talisman fire and threw it in the middle. The talisman fire instantly ignited the other talismans, and circles of talismans spread out. He muttered a few words in a low voice, and then he heard footsteps in his ears. The footsteps were hurried, and it was not just one person's footsteps. The footsteps of countless people seemed to come out of the woods and walk towards Shen Ran.

  "Out." Shen Ran said in a low voice, and the talisman fire at the center of the formation suddenly turned green. It was obviously scorching hot, but it made people feel cool for no reason.

  "Restrict your ghost and don't let it destroy the formation." Chu Mu said.

  Shen Ran did not speak. He stood in the center of the formation, with his head slightly lowered and his arms hanging at his sides. Green flames wrapped around his waist, but strangely, the flames did not ignite any part of Shen Ran's body, or make him feel uncomfortable.

  Of the five senses, only the ear sense was left. He was now unable to feel any pain in his body. Even though he was about to die, he didn't feel anything. However, this time the pain was not physical, but a tearing of the soul.

  The evil ghost seemed to have sensed Shen Ran's weakness. While hesitating over Shen Ran's soul, he was also very afraid. After hesitating for a long time, he decided to escape first. However, as soon as he touched the green flame, he screamed in pain.

  "Don't move." Shen Ran whispered, "You can't run away."

  "Damn it." This voice rang in Shen Ran's ears. Shen Ran looked up suddenly, but he didn't hear any movement from Chu Mu, as if he didn't notice the voice of this evil ghost. Shen Ran pursed his lips slightly and said, "I advise you not to act rashly, otherwise you will only be asking for trouble."

  "Why? You are also a Feng Shui master, don't you know that you will die if you do this?" The evil spirit seemed to be getting close to Shen Ran, so close that Shen Ran could even feel the cold air emanating from it. Seeing that Shen Ran was unmoved, it continued, "You and I will live and die together, but this formation will definitely kill me. If I die, what will happen to you? You will have to die too, so how about this, you let me go, okay? I can give you whatever you want, including the formation you have always dreamed of."

  "If you had said this to me three years ago, I would have agreed to it without hesitation, but now it's no longer possible." Shen Ran smiled slightly, "I'll die sooner or later, so I don't care."

  The evil spirit didn't expect Shen Ran to say that. This was obviously not within its consideration. Its tone suddenly changed. "Aren't you afraid of death? I think you are afraid, otherwise why would you waste so much effort?"

  "I was afraid of death before, and I am still afraid of it now, but now there are things that are more sad than death, and I have no choice but to choose death." Shen Ran said with a low laugh, as if he didn't care at all what the evil ghost said.

  The evil spirit was stunned for a moment, and then suddenly said meaningfully, "Then you are really miserable... You have lost all five senses, and you are about to die."

  If a person really finds living boring, then what is there to be afraid of?

  This formation attracted many ghosts. Chu Mu dispersed them while maintaining the formation. Without even turning his head, he shouted, "Shen Ran, if you let any more evil ghosts out, we won't be able to suppress them all!"