7.4 - 999: Why expose it?

"There are still people inside!" This realization shocked Shen Ran and Lin Yi. It had been so long since the apocalypse, and they hadn't seen any survivors outside for a long time. Even if there were any, they were basically in disguise, preparing to rob. But now they were here...

  Shen Ran always felt that there was an indescribable sense of disharmony, which was very strange.

  The level seven zombie seemed to become even more furious when it heard the sound. It had a ferocious mouth and smelly mucus dripping from its mouth, which made Shen Ran feel sick.

  "We can't kill this level 7 zombie now." Lin Yi said, "I have to go in and take a look. If she is really a survivor, we have to save her."

  "So if we kill this zombie, the other zombies will go out of control. Although they are all small creatures, if there are too many of them... Even you and I can't handle it, not to mention that we have to take care of a survivor whose strength is unknown." Shen Ran immediately understood Lin Yi's intention, but he was still very afraid of this operating room. He said, "I still feel something is wrong. If she is really a survivor, why is she still alive until now? Won't the zombies eat her?"

  "Maybe it was because this survivor locked the operating room, so the zombies couldn't get in and couldn't smell her scent, so she escaped." Lin Yi listened to the weak and terrified cry for help inside, and he said, "I can't do the same as you... just stand by and watch someone die."

  "No." Lin Yi paused, and said, "It was intentional homicide."

  As he spoke, Lin Yi prepared to hold back the level 7 zombie while walking towards the operating room. Shen Ran said, "Forget it, I'll go."

  "You?" Lin Yi was a little suspicious.

  "You hold this zombie back and don't let anything get into trouble. I'll call you sometime." Lin Yi, carrying his bag, bent his waist and walked cautiously into the operating room. The smell of blood in the operating room was almost nauseating. It was much stronger than outside. The blood on the wall was spurting out and had begun to turn black. Shen Ran walked in cautiously, moving slowly until he saw a series of bloody footprints on the ground. Shen Ran followed the footprints and found that the footprints were not only on the ground, but also on the walls. This was not a path a human could walk on.

  Realizing this, he immediately stepped back, but it was too late. He heard something close to his ear, laughing softly, "Save me, save me!"

  The ice blade stabbed out suddenly, separating the monster and Shen Ran.

  "What is that?" When Shen Ran looked back, he could no longer find any trace of it, but the black bloody footprints on the ground proved that what he had just heard was definitely not an illusion.

  The light on the operating table was still on, but there was blood all around it, and there were pieces of meat left in the corners.

  "Shen Ran! What's wrong with you? What happened?" Lin Yi saw that Shen Ran had been inside for such a long time without any movement, so he asked, "Say something! What happened?"

  "There's something in here..." Shen Ran just opened his mouth and saw the reflective surface of the scalpel on the operating table. Something was lying on the ceiling. Shen Ran lowered his voice and said, "It's okay."

  As he said this, he slowly walked towards the operating table and saw drops of blood dripping onto the table, which was black like the mud in a sewage pool.

  Suddenly, the ice blade stabbed out and rushed towards the ceiling. The thing on the ceiling screamed madly and then dodged. Shen Ran could see the appearance of this thing clearly. It had long hair and half of its scalp was gone, revealing its skull. What was even more terrifying was that its chest was completely open, and its heart, internal organs, and intestines were clearly visible. It seemed that the abnormality occurred halfway through the operation.