2.19 - Shen Ran: It's not that my guess was right, it's that ...

2.19 - Shen Ran: It's not that my guess was right, it's that he is not trustworthy

  "I'm home. Do you want to follow me?" After Shen Ran returned, he stood at the door. He paused and said without turning his head, "You should go back and rest too."

  "You've had a low-grade fever this afternoon, I have to keep an eye on you..." Before He Heng could finish his words, Shen Ran interrupted him and said, "Let's end it here, He Heng, stop deceiving yourself."

  He Heng was silent for a while, then said, "I really want to do it again."

  "But I don't want to." Shen Ran laughed, and said helplessly, "I'm tired, I'm not in the mood, and I don't have the energy to guess what you're thinking. Do you understand? I'm really too tired."

  That night, Shen Ran did not let He Heng follow in. He closed the door in front of He Heng. He knew that He Heng must still be standing outside the house, but he didn't want to say anything more.

  【999: The target's blackening value is 10%.】

  【Shen Ran: I understand.】

  He threw his coat on the sofa and opened a bottle of wine. He liked to collect wine, just like his father, but he seldom drank. In these days, there were too many times when he needed to be sober. He had to be alert and guard against others at all times. But now, Shen Ran had nothing and could finally indulge himself.

  The injuries on his waist and abdomen ached slightly, but were less obvious under the influence of alcohol. He sat on the ground, leaning against the sofa. Some wine spilled out of the glass and Shen Ran drank it all in one gulp. He tilted his neck back, tears rolling down the corners of his eyes and disappearing on the carpet.

  *

  The next morning, He Heng was awakened by the ringing of his cell phone after staying in the car all night. He looked carefully and found that it was Lin Ye's call. He Heng frowned slightly, but still answered the call and said, "What's the matter? If it's about what happened last night, then don't talk about it. Shen Ran can't go to City A."

  "Mr. He, listen to me. Shen Ran really has to go. The project in City A has a much greater impact than we thought. If you don't believe me, you can go and look at the company's documents. Moreover, this project has always been handled by Mr. Shen. This project is called Future City. It was built by Mr. Shen to fulfill his parents' wishes... It costs a lot of money. If something goes wrong with this project, I'm afraid Xinghui Group will have to lose money this time..." Lin Ye's voice was anxious. He Heng frowned slightly and said after a while, "You go to City A first."

  "Okay... I'll go first." After Lin Ye hung up the phone, he looked at Mr. Wang beside him and said tremblingly, "I... I've finished it."

  Mr. Wang is now a desperate criminal. Although Lin Ye's family is rich, he does not want to confront Mr. Wang, who is already at the end of his rope. What's more, even if something goes wrong this time, it will be Shen Ran who will suffer. What does it have to do with him?

  "You've been so good so long ago. You won't have so many troubles soon, right?" Mr. Wang laughed and put on his sunglasses. "Shen Ran, I haven't seen him for a while."

  There was some unkindness in his tone, and Lin Ye didn't dare to think about it.

  When He Heng arrived at the company, the documents were already prepared. He read the documents over and over again and confirmed that, as Lin Ye said, the project in City A was indeed very important to the Xinghui Group. Although it had not yet reached the point of "determining life and death" as Lin Ye said, Shen Ran had obviously spent a lot of energy on this project, so much so that the manpower and material resources invested by the Xinghui Group in this project had reached a huge level. If this project really had problems, I'm afraid that the Xinghui Group would be in big trouble.