2.13 - Shen Ran: Save my life, I can't die now

2.13 - Shen Ran: Save my life. I can't die now. He doesn't deserve such a gentle death from me.

  "Boss Shen?" Ever since Shen Ran came out of the police station that day, he has been recuperating at home. During this time, He Heng has never come to visit. Only the secretary occasionally comes to see him. She knocked on the door and asked in confusion, "Boss Shen, are you home?"

  As the door opened, Shen Ran appeared in his home clothes. The room was filled with cigarette smoke. The secretary followed him in and said, "Boss Shen, the rumor in the company is that Young Master He wants to..."

  "Ahem..." Shen Ran coughed twice, interrupting the secretary's words. He didn't seem to be interested in this. He waved his hand casually and sat on the sofa. "The room is messy, you can sit anywhere. I can't go back to Xinghui Group, so you should make plans early."

  The secretary paused for a moment, then asked, "Mr. Shen, are you planning to start a new company? If you have this intention, I am willing to resign and continue to follow you."

  Shen Ran is a smart and capable man. You will not suffer any loss by following him. Compared with staying in Xinghui Group, this is obviously a better choice.

  Shen Ran laughed when he heard this, then shook his head and said, "No, I plan to continue. If Xinghui Group doesn't work out, I will find another company for you, but I won't continue."

  "Is it because of Mr. He?" Although the secretary knew that she shouldn't say this, she couldn't help but said, "After you left, Mr. He asked Mr. Lin to join the company. The projects you handled before are now in charge of Mr. Lin."

  "Lin Ye?" Shen Ran immediately knew who the secretary was referring to. After being stunned for a moment, he laughed helplessly, "Let him be. It has nothing to do with me."

  The secretary hesitated to speak, but in the end she said nothing. Before leaving, she cleaned the room and found scattered painkillers under the table. She still reminded him, "Mr. Shen, if you feel unwell, you must go to the hospital. Don't take too many painkillers."

  Shen Ran leaned against the wall, his face pale. He smiled and said, "Okay, thank you."

  The sound of a door closing was heard, and the room fell into silence again. Shen Ran staggered a little. He slowly walked to the bathroom, holding on to the wall. He leaned against the sink and retched. His stomach was churning. He had vomited a lot of wine, which was mixed with blood. He groaned softly, washed his face with cold water, and then reluctantly lay back on the sofa.

  When he was dazed, he seemed to hear someone knocking on the door, and then his cell phone vibrated beside him. Shen Ran rubbed it twice, but not only did he fail to pick up the phone, but he caused it to fall off the table.

  Outside the door, He Heng kept calling Shen Ran, but no one answered. He frowned tightly, and when he was about to leave, he heard the sound of a heavy object falling to the ground in the house, like the sound of a glass cup breaking to the ground. He Heng paused and immediately turned around again. After no one responded for several times, his face sank and he kicked the door open.

  The smell of cigarettes coming from the room made He Heng frown deeply. In his impression, Shen Ran didn't like smoking. Although he would smoke a couple of cigarettes occasionally, it was very rare. Not to mention a smoky room like this. He Heng immediately realized something was wrong. He took two steps at a time and walked towards the living room. He saw Shen Ran leaning on the sofa. He seemed to be a little cold, his body curled up. The small blanket had long since slipped to the ground, the glass shattered on the ground, and the wine in it spilled all over the floor.