TWENTY-NINE

" love you like a brother, treat you like a friend, respect you like a lover

" love you like a brother, treat you like a friend, respect you like a lover."

NEEDED ME
*
SURE THING MIGUEL

"Do you love me?"

"I love you."

"Would you love me if i was a worm?"

"I would. I love you."

"I wouldn't love you if you were worm. Worms are gross."

"I see detka. I love you."

"Icky. Worms are icky."

My husband chuckled. My eyes were closed. It was Lord knows what time and we were on our way to Iceland. I needed to see the northern lights and I was going to before i had this damn baby. Ironically Dominick and his family just needed to have family already living in Iceland that i was going to meet.

I was in a stage of half awakeness and sleep and Dominick was listening to all my little thoughts and questions to help clear out my mind. His hand was rubbing my belly in slow circles feeling for any type of movement. A kick down below.

"I felt it." He whispered against my bonnet.

"Me to." My voice came out at less than a whisper. The sleep was beginning to engulf me. We'd found out a few months ago that that seed we'd seen had actually been two seeds. We were having twins. Which was fun until my bump started to form and the both of them had decided to start bitching and fighting against my skin. ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Another kick. Dominicks hands slid across my round stomach to the sides. By my side this time. I was guessing it was around 1 am to 3 because they had a habit of getting weirdly active at this time. I thought I'd known the genders of the babies before it turned out that they were two of them So Dominick and I had just decided to wait until i give birth to find out. We were stacked with a lot of baby clothes. Girl, Boy and gender neutral.

*******

By the time I'd woken up we'd been in a car on our way to the house we were staying in. ICELANDDDD. From the clear roads and the leafless trees it almost looked like Switzerland.

"You awake?" Dominick asked.

I yawned. "Unfortunately."

We were in a different car from everyone else because I'd obviously needed a bit more space to sleep with hurting myself or the babies. My stomach rumbled.

"I'm so hungry."

Dominick flipped open the baby bag we'd brought in case my water decided to break on the plane. IT HADN'T SO YAYYYYY.