⌛ Sixty Eight ⌛

Holding hands with his best friend, Tae turns the key ready to enter his house. Or what used to be his house since right now it looks like it belongs to an old woman. The vibe, the wallpaper, the old furniture.

- Are we sure you still live here? Or are we trespassing?

- It's... it's my house, look!

Tae points at a picture framed above the fireplace. In it, Jin appears showing a big smile and holding a diploma. They have to re-check but it seems real. They never expected Jin to end a career or even start it being pregnant. Suddenly, the voice of an old woman makes both of them turn around scared.

- Tae? Oh, what are you two doing here visiting so late? I almost called the police!

- We...came to see...you?

- You could've said it today when you called! You're here to see your parents aren't you?

- Actually, yeah

- And you forgot their key like always?

- Uh...yes?

The old lady smiles before taking the keys and handing them to the confused boy.

- Here, you can wait for them inside. They should be back from the concert soon!

- Mhm...

Tae nods staring at the keys and starts to walk towards the door until the woman holds him back softly.

- Oh honey, you can go through the back! I won't mind. My house is your house! I'm not gonna send my grandson to walk extra steps in the middle of the night

Tae is about to thank her when he puts the words together in his head. Did she just called him her grandson? That means...

- Grandma?

He never met her before. And his shitty grandfather never mention her once. Well, he's the same mother fucker that used to beat Jin up, what could he expect? But then if she's living here, where did he end up? The woman stares at that confused expression and walks up to Jungkook with full confidence.

- You guys went out drinking again? I told you my little Tae can't tolerate alcohol that well! You need to take care of him, Kookie. You promised!

- I...yes, I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

She shows them a reassuring smile before guiding them to the back. Only then Tae notices this is isn't exactly the same house. It's been reformed. Split in two with the second half being a different and smaller house on the back. Something fairly common with families which aren't rich enough to buy a second mansion. He wasn't expecting his family to be that way but it's not like he'll complain about it either. As he and Kook leave the woman behind they start whispering to each other.

- I guess I'm a little less rich now

- Well your grandma apparently stole the hell out of your grandpa's property

- Honestly, good for her. I always wanted to meet her

They stand at the door of the smaller house on the back. Tae gets nervous again. As if it wasn't enough to go through this a second time, his expectations are mixing inside his head.

- Hey baby... it's gonna be okay

- I have no idea what we'll find when we enter, Kook. I wish I could enter with my eyes closed and still see. Does that make sense?

- We could do that

- How the he-

Jungkook stands in front of him before lifting him with little to no effort. Tae's legs are held on the side of Kook's hips with his strong hands. Tae hugs himself against the boy hearing his pretty voice near his ear.