12

The door opens and Tony walks in, "Great. Company."

Diane stands, leaning against her bars. Clint starts clapping, "The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not."

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here, come on."

Clint spits on the ground, "Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony."

"Yeah, well not some syper-max floating ocean pokey."

Diane scoffs, "Funny. Hilarious, even."

"This is a place for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals? Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda. But here we are."

Diane knew she wouldn't be included in that statement. She killed people for a living, ran away, and then hurt more people. She was the textbook definition of criminal, no matter what she did to try and change that.

"Because you broke the law."

"Yeah."

"I didn't make you."

"La la la..."

"You read it, you broke it."

"La la la la..."

"Alright? You're all grown up, you've got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?"

"You gotta watch your back either this guy," he slams the plexiglass, "There's a chance he's gonna break it."

"Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark."

"Who are you?"

Tony stops at Diane's cell. In between Scott and Sam.

"What? Why do you feel the need to throw your freedom in out faces? Does it excite you?"

"Did you actually think you could improve? After all you did?"

"At least I don't betray my friends. It's this thing, you might not have heard of it before, it's called loyalty. It's like... sticking beside people, through thick and thin. Shows them you care."

She nods, staring at him through the glass.

"Oh, I didn't know that assassins knew what loyalty was. Huh, the more you know."

Diane straightens, flipping Tony off as he nods and walks past her to Sam.

"How's Rhodes?"

"They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow, so. Fingers crossed. What do you need, they feed you yet?"

"You're the good cop, now?"

"I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went."

"Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Furhman on my ass to get information out of me."

There's a beeping sound before Tony speaks again, "Well, I just blocked the A out of their AV. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment. Just look," he presses buttons on his watch and she turns to look at him, barely seeing what he's showing.

"Because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes. Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong."

"That's a first."

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well."

"You don't have to... Hey, it's alright."

"Look, I'll tell you, but you have to go alone and as a friend."

"Easy."

-----------------------------------

A/N - this is going to be a pretty short second part to the original fanfic. Probably like a good 14 chapters total, including the epilogue. And I'm not gonna try to fix it, because that means there's a total of about 31 chapters in this whole thing which is ENOUGH FOR ME especially considering the size of some of the chapters.