CHAPTER 10

It was difficult for me to say these things on my own because I’ve been timid since I was a child.

It was partly due to my brother’s strong personality, but it had already become my nature for the time being.

My father, who overcame hardship to become a high-ranking government official was not timid, and neither was my mother.

I’m not sure why. I was not only timid, but I was also easily scared.

Perhaps it was because of this that I had so many friends who were similar to me.

Although Kenta was a bit of an unusual case, in fact, he was also weak against strong people.

I used to think that if I met someone, it would be nice if it was someone who could lead me well because the only people I mix with were gentle people.

Even if there was no ideal type, this was certain.

For example…

“Hand.”

Alan said as he extended his hand.

I checked to see if sweat was forming in the palm of my hand, then placed my hand on it.

Alan stroked my hand.

It was a little weaker than the first time, but the grip was so strong that even though the strength had been reduced, the pain was similar.

“It hurt. Don’t hold my hand like that.”

I tried to pull out my hand, but it was useless.

When I turned my head around, I could smell the faint smell of cigarettes on Alan.

It also had a lavender scent to it. I think he sprayed something before coming to see me, but the smell of cigarettes was so strong that I could still smell it.

But he didn’t have a very bad scent.

It also went well with him.

Alan wiggled his fingers.

The hand that was holding my hand lost a little more strength.

Knowing that I had said enough for myself, I didn’t say anything else.

“Did you study hard?”

Alan asked a question that my father would never ask.

“Yeah,” I said.

My palms were heating up.

It has been a few weeks since we walked together. I’m getting used to it.

The path we took together, as well as the conversation I had with Alan.

Even though he and I both went to school in the morning and evening, we didn’t do everything together.

Alan did the night self-study on the days he wanted to, but not on the days he didn’t.

I didn’t insist on studying together either.

To be honest, being in the same classroom as Alan was a headache.

Then I couldn’t focus on that day.

Well, even if Alan didn’t do night self-study, we left school together.

He would spend time somewhere and wait for me in front of the back gate by the end of the night self-study.

Then I walked down the alley, clutching my hand tightly.

Alan kept his promise.

He waited for me at 7:15 in the morning and went to school with me, who left 20 minutes early.