CHAPTER 58

Alan and I were seated on the sofa in the living room, with only the orange night light turned on.

Pooh was wrapped around Alan’s arm. He was drowsy, so he whined differently than he did during the day.

“You said he wouldn’t wake up at night.”

When I told him, he tilted his head as if he didn’t expect it.

“What’s wrong with you today.”

“Phi… phi… I thought you were going to sleep with Pooh today…”

“I’m sorry.”

Pooh intervened and added one word at a time.

My heart broke by the sad whining voice.

Ham.

Pooh yawned and rubbed his eyes on Alan’s shoulder before burying his body.

“…”

“…”

It felt somewhat awkward. It was difficult to live with a family.

I was unaware of it because I only did it at Alan’s house.

I looked at Alan’s eyes as I recited weird thoughts one after the other.

Pooh was burying his face on the other side of my sight, so I buried my chin on his shoulder.

Alan raised the corners of his mouth quietly as he looked at me from the side.

“Is it heavy?”

“No. It feels like feathers.”

Alan also threw a joke that didn’t feel like it. It will be a little heavy though.

I opened my arms that had been quietly laid down.

“I want to put Pooh to sleep.”

Pooh, who was whimpering while clutching Alan, drew himself away from Alan and looked at me.

He put his thumb quietly against his lips. His eyelashes were wet with tears.

Pooh stared at me calmly, then stepped away from him and into my arms, hugging me.

I couldn’t put Pooh to sleep, so I lay him on my side and gave him an arm pillow. And I leaned against Alan’s shoulder.

Pooh exhaled again and fell asleep not long after.

I stroked Pooh’s soft cheek with the back of my hand.

We were the only ones left. The orange light made the atmosphere denser.

Maybe he could answer me now. I opened my mouth to ask what had been bothering him since dinner.

“Alan.”

“Yeah.”

“Can I ask you something?"

“ Ask me .”

Alan responded lightly.

I asked while touching Pooh’s nails. As casually as possible.

“You… What did you talk about with your parents earlier?”

“…”

“ You said I could ask .”

Alan tilted his head to the side. I even rubbed my cheek on the top of his head when he came to my side.

But there was no response. When I finally looked up at him, Alan secretly avoided my eyes.

“Jeff.”