CHAPTER 85

After studying for a long time, I became hungry. The ice cream with various flavors that Alan bought was delicious without becoming boring.

It was already 7 o'clock when I looked up and checked the time.

I studied for nearly seven hours without speaking with Alan.

Looking at Alan, I tapped and touched the back of his hand with my index finger, not the hand holding the pencil.

"..."

As a result, he immediately raised his head.

I bit my lower lip.

Alan swung the pencil in his right hand, but his fingers were too thick to turn it properly, and it fell off.

"Alan, aren't you hungry?"

Then he checked the time by pressing the button on the table's cell phone.

I thought it was too late, and I stretched my shoulders.

He shook his head and moved to make a grunting sound before collapsing on the desk.

I looked at the crouched bear, then at the band-aid that was always attached to his right hand's middle finger.

Alan, who had been following my gaze with his chin resting on the back of his arm, rose slowly. He even got out of his seat.

He took a step forward, turned around the table, and sat down next to me.

He sat on the floor and opened his eyes, leaning against the sofa.

He grabbed my shoulder and drew me closer to him.

"Here, it hurts."

Then he put his finger in front of me.

I grabbed the back of Alan's rough hand and peeled the band-aid off above the thick knuckle.

When calluses attempted to form, wounds formed, blood formed, and the scab was repeatedly set in place.

I've been studying since I was a child, and I'm not sure why, but I don't have calluses, so there was no specific area where calluses formed.

However, for Alan the scar remained on his hand because he was studying suddenly and vigorously.

Even if he had a wound on his hand, he would apply the band-aid and forcefully hold the pen.

If it hurts so much to the point he couldn't hold the pen, he studied with his left hand, and even if he couldn't, he drew an underline with his right hand.

It was heartbreaking for me because I had witnessed Alan's study pattern.

I eventually poked out my lower lip and looked down at his hand, unable to hide my emotions.

I took his hands in mine and looked at him.

"Are you in a lot of pain?"

"Uhm."

Alan patted my shoulder and drew me in for a hug.

It didn't appear to be dreadful.

I leaned against Alan's shoulder.

I stroked his fingers, rubbed the backs of his hands, and gently rubbed the veins that were hiding in them. My mouth has just dried up.

"..."

I was unable to raise my head. I couldn't figure out how I was staring at Alan.

For some reason, when our gazes met, I wanted to kiss Alan first.