CHAPTER 41

"..."

"Holding hands, kissing, sex..."

"Don't say it."

"Anyway, it's all my first time with you."

The human mind was so indulgent. Just the words from Alan that everything was the first time for him as well have already melted my heart and made me feel better.

However, there was still distrust in the back of my mind. As I looked at Alan without saying a word, he closed his mouth for a moment and sighed as if he was exhaling to relax.

"Still, I'm sorry if I made you angry by going here."

Alan gently apologized. It was a blunt tone.

I ripped my eyes open like a flounder. I had to look at it realistically.

"But Alan."

"Yeah."

"Your friends were all there. It's weird that you're the only one who doesn't do it."

I don't believe in the word "between themselves," but it was also hard to believe that friends took it out alone when they were in such a stimulating situation.

However, contrary to my concerns, Alan responded quite calmly.

"I wasn't there."

"Why?"

"Convenience store."

"What?"

"..."

I asked because I wasn't sure what he meant.

Was he working part-time at a convenience store?

I didn't ask more. Alan pulled me again and held me. Even the sound of him swallowing his saliva was able to hear to me.

The rain was gradually ceasing. I didn't know how much time has passed.

Alan's arm trembled slightly as it was wrapped around my waist.

"I will never go out like that again. I haven't been like that since I met you."

It was true. He used to study with me, then take me home and talk on the phone or exchange messages until late at night.

"So don't say we're breaking up."

"What?"

Breaking up. Me?

What was he thinking?

Was it because he was afraid that I was going to break up with him?

"Oh, no... We won't break up."

My voice was muffled.

Alan did not respond.

My thoughts have already shifted quite a bit.

I became exhausted because I was unable to solve all of the problems.

I could understand why people drink alcohol. It made people honest enough to ask and answer all of their questions. What followed was pure curiosity.

"Why didn't you do anything?"

"..."

"If all your friends are playing like that, you'll want to do it, right?"

Alan shook his head. His short hair was dripping wet. I raised my hand and gently stroked his hair, descending along the contours of his face.

I was met with a piercing stare.

"I want to do it with someone I like."

"..."

"I didn't do it because I wanted to do it with someone I really like. That's all the reason."