CHAPTER 29

“I have something to tell you.”

Kenta, who was rushing to copy his parents’ signature on the report card he was about to submit, raised his head.

“What? Jeff, can’t you see your phi is busy right now?”

“Call me Jeff Aiemkumchai.”

“If you’re going to say some bullshit, go somewhere else, hmm?”

I pouted my lips and turned around in response to Kenta’s cold reaction.

I was an embarrassment to the Thanapon family.

Because I said I’d never go back to Alan’s house, but the next day, on Sunday, I went again and rolled around all day.

It was convenient for him to live alone. He could do whatever he wanted.

I don’t always have someone at home either, but I didn’t have much privacy because all of my family members were home after the weekend or night self-study.

So what? Anyway, that was it…

“The bell just rang, but what are you doing still standing up?”

The teacher walked into the classroom.

I also returned to my seat hesitantly.

Alan was sleeping in the back seat.

The teacher mentioned the importance of the summer vacation of the second year for a long time.

As I looked around the classroom with my chin clenched and a bored expression,

I suddenly met Kenta’s eyes. After signing the report card, he winked at me with a more relaxed expression than before.

‘I have something to tell you later.’

He spoke in a whisper and turned his head to its original position.

What’s the matter with him…

My forehead was wrinkled and I also looked out of the window.

The greenery was dense and the sky was clear.

The scorching heat that couldn’t be avoided surrounded the school as the sun poured down.

Before looking at the textbook, the teacher instructed us to open the workbook.

In English class, the teacher always read about four passages from the textbook and then explained them before moving into the workbook.

I realized Alan had not yet woken up as I turned to get the workbook out from under the desk.

He was sleeping while hugging his arm pillow as if he didn’t care that the teacher had come.

His deskmate didn’t even wake him up.

With my head still turned toward Alan, I moved my hand to place the workbook on the desk and tapped the back of Alan’s extended hand toward me.

“Wake up. The teacher is coming here.”

“…”

So, Alan with a disheveled face raised himself from his arm pillow.

With one eye closed, his annoyance was visible on his face.

I hardened as soon as I met his ferocious face head-on.

Alan spoke in a low voice.

“Don’t wake me up.”

He then buried his head in the pillow again, without making eye contact with me.

To be honest, I was slightly embarrassed because I hadn’t expected such a reaction from him.