CHAPTER 17

On the last day of the exam, I was more relaxed than usual because I took the exam mainly on arts and physical education subjects.

I also had some spare time to watch TV. I was sitting on the couch in the living room, cushioned, watching TV.

It was a program for love-related counseling.

I watched TV with my head tilted.

A famous male actor came out.

I don’t think my personality was particularly appealing, but I took the viewer’s question seriously.

One of the issue mentioned– My boyfriend doesn’t keep pace. Even on our first date, we just held hands and it was over. I’m honestly looking forward to it, so, like a kiss. At first, I thought he didn’t like me. He then admitted that it was a misunderstanding and that it was his first relationship. So, since it’s his first time, I figured we’d take it slowly, but we’ve been dating for a year next month. We had rarely if at all, kissed up until this time. So, what should I do now?

The male actor listened seriously and then tilted his head.

– Looking at this story. "Oh, my goodness. These days, young people only consult on all of these issues. I believe the two of you should talk more about it, and you can tell him things like, 'I want to do this with you.'  …However, it definitely seems like your boyfriend is having a hard time. In my opinion, the person who posted the consultation is the first…"

– Oh, please stop!
The panels stopped the actor.

I looked at the TV with a puzzled face and looked away.

Aside from the actor talking like an old-fashioned man, he was in serious trouble.

Do people usually kiss on the first date? I just scratched my cheek.
Then, what would Alan want to do with me …

‘I want to kiss you.’

Alan’s voice was faintly heard in my head.

“Ah!”

I wrapped my hands around my head.

In the room, my brother slammed the door and kicked it. “You’re too loud!” He shouted.

“So, sorry…”

I immediately apologized.

By any chance… Am I going to kiss Alan tomorrow, too?

I blinked with my eyes wide open. I rubbed my lips with my palm.

Fortunately, I didn’t think I needed to use lip balm.

No, ah… What should I do…

“…”

I eventually turned the television off. When the laughter and chit-chat were turned off, there was only silence.

My mind became more muddled. I got up from the sofa shrugging my shoulders.

Study, let’s just study …

***
The bell rang signaling the end of the last exam.

For some reason, the usual school bell sounds like a beautiful melody of music.

However, Kenta, who had been dozing during the exam, raised his voice even before the sound was fully quiet.

“Oh man, it’s over! I thought something was going to fall out .”

The teacher took the OMR cards that the student was picking up and asked.

“Aren’t you sophomores supposed to self-study for an hour?”