CHAPTER 47

Wild bugs crying loudly, the orange light that illuminates the garden.

This was Alan’s home.

On the outside, only the parts such as the floor and roof were equipped with traditional features, but the interior had a nuance similar to other luxury houses.

Except for the balcony, all doors were closed. The air conditioner’s outdoor unit was making a noise.

Alan, who was barely solving the problem by spinning the mechanical pencil on the table spread out on the floor, set it down by giving it enough strength to make a ticking sound.

“Ah.”

He slowly turned his eyes as he tilted his head and pretended to focus on the words he couldn’t remember.

After a long period of scanning his home, his gaze was drawn to the cell phone, which was quietly lying in the corner of the table.

He pouted his lower lip and looked at his phone, then hesitated for a moment as he tapped the top of the table.

He was debating whether or not to contact his boyfriend.

He grabbed his phone and stood up without thinking about it any longer.

He exited the room after wiping his dry lips once.

His deceased grandfather’s residence was linked to the lower building, a Western-style building, and an indoor staircase.

His grandfather’s guests would occasionally come and stay, but now, with the exception of the manager, it was a place that few people visited.

Alan chose this location because he had a lot of affection for his grandfather, who adored him in particular.

He walked past the living room and sat on the floor that connected the backyard.

He looked down at his cell phone as he gazed at the quiet backyard.

He then dialed a number by searching for the name near the top of the recent call list.

A voice came over the phone after the connection tone was repeated three or four times.

– Hello?

His voice was charming. Jeff’s voice was neither high nor low, but it had the power to make those who heard it feel self-conscious.

Alan wrinkled his brows, unable to hide his expression.

The voice on the other end of the phone was even calmer.

He wrapped his open ear with his scratching hand, which had been scratching near the clavicle.

Contrary to the confused mind due to the fever of first love, a blunt voice came out.

“…What are you doing?”

– I’m lying down after finishing my studies. How about you?

“Me too, I was memorizing English words.”

– Are you studying after work?

“Yeah.”

He was embarrassed despite the fact that they weren’t even looking at each other.

Alan raised and lowered his head repeatedly, even though no one was looking.

He covered his forehead and eyes with his hands.

He pressed his lips together as he watched the lights in the backyard turn orange.

There were still times when it felt like a dream.