CHAPTER 92

Surprisingly, the current awkward atmosphere persisted for quite some time.

Alan and I each played with our phones or watched TV in the living room upstairs.

Alan played the game with a frown on his face.

The background sound of the game and the sound of the cookies running around muddled the sound of the television, but he did not ask for a heart for some reason.

Finally, I sent a heart by first looking at Alan. He remained silent with a scowl on his face. But he did receive it eventually.

His older brother and sister arrived at the house upstairs less than two hours after we had finished dinner.

It was still awkward, and I didn’t ask if Alan was upset with me.

Was it because I was discussing what happened at school?

Still, I thought about it as much as I could on my own and only said that it was fine for his older brother to listen…

“Guys.”

The older sister spoke up and entered through the upstairs doorway.

I sat up on the sofa, drooping, and straightened myself.

“Yes?”

When I answered a question mixed with questions, my older sister showed up.

“I’m going with my brother. What are you going to do?”

“Are you going to leave already?”

Alan didn’t answer at all, and I asked instead.
“Since it’s the end of the year, I’m going to go out and play. I’m just stopping by for a quick meal. I heard Alan’s grades on the CSAT were excellent. I came here to make fun of you because you are the only one in our family attending a good university.”

“Oh…”

Alan was teased by his older sister, but he only said, “Ah, don’t do it.”

Something appears to be wrong… I couldn’t ask it because I didn’t know what it was.

His older brother who was standing next to his older sister also said, “If you want something to eat, tell me. Let me treat you.”

Then he added, “There’s a place here that does good sashimi; would you like to deliver?

To be honest, the word sashimi sounded appealing.

We will become adults in just a few hours. I thought seeing him sip beer after eating sashimi would make him look like a real adult.

When I couldn’t say anything, Alan looked at me with a wrinkled face and answered his older brother harshly.

“Just go because we’ll take care of it.”

His older brother and sister, who had been asking me if I wanted anything to eat before they left, eventually gave up and left the house.

It became awkward again as the loud voice disappeared.

I was becoming increasingly troubled as I looked into Alan’s eyes.

He watched me fidget with my fingers intertwined, then moved his gaze slowly.

“Jeff.”

“…Yeah.”

“Do you want me to order sashimi? The place my brother said earlier.”

“Well…”

After a moment’s hesitation, I asked.

“Then are you going to drink?”