CHAPTER 59

I’d never actually spoken to him, but when it came time to choose courses at the end of the year, I wanted to match with him.

As I expected, I assumed he would prepare for the exam on time, so I decided it didn’t really matter which optional courses he chose.

It didn’t really matter to me because I was mostly judged on my grades, and I usually got really decent grades.

Then I wanted to boost my chances of being in the same class as much as possible by enrolling in courses that the other students didn’t choose.

“…”

It’s now useless.

I never expected the atmosphere to be this gloomy when I first arrived at Alan’s house.

I’d rather be at home resting. I pinched my earlobes firmly because Alan, who sat opposite me, made me feel awkward and embarrassed.

Instead of eating downstairs like yesterday, I ate breakfast in the living room, at the table where we chatted at dawn.

When he woke me up, the table was already full, most likely because Alan had purposefully planned a meal here.

Pooh, who was sitting on Alan’s lap, raised his face and gazed into Alan’s eyes.

Alan did not eat in a hurry as usual but he looked at the rice and then slightly looked up at me. 

I felt like an uninvited guest.

“P'Jefg…”
Pooh called me.

When I looked up, Pooh was holding out omelette roll with a spoon and offered it to me.

Oh, I hate it.

Because I knew who was creating the atmosphere in this situation, I deliberately raised the corners of my lips.

“Thank you, Nong Pooh.”

When I picked up a bowl of rice to accept it, Pooh shook his head and said, “Eueung.”

He then says, “Aaa…” I drew the corners of my mouth down as though noticing, then slowly opened my mouth.

My mouth was filled with the egg roll. I didn’t expect it to be that big, but my mouth was full.

Looking at it now, Pooh picked up one egg roll and ate several bites at a time.

Alan was staring at me from the top of Pooh’s head. My face stiffened as soon as my gaze met Alan’s.

I didn’t mean to, yet I did it unknowingly.

Alan tilted his head. When he touched Pooh’s head, Pooh raised his eyes and smiled.

Alan feigned not to see for a moment before raising his gaze upwards and grabbing the spoon Pooh was holding.

“Jeff.”

“…Yeah.”

“Let’s eat and talk.”

Nod, nod . I nodded instead of responding, and Alan scooped up his rice.
***
“…”

“…”

I didn’t like dating advice shows, but every now and then, I saw a story on TV about a lover who was dissatisfied because he didn’t express his dissatisfaction.

If that was the case, why were you dating in the first place? I used to think like that, but I had no idea I’d become one of thePooh Alan and I sat on the floor, looking out into the backyard.

Ooh went downstairs. I had nowhere else to look, so I focused on the bamboo in the backyard corner.

I’d never seen bamboo planted in a typical house before, but it was understandable given that it was Alan’s.