CHAPTER 49

The homeroom teacher, who showed his back in front of the blackboard, was silent.

Tak, tak, tak-

The chalk hit the blackboard with a certain beat and then stopped.

The green chalkboard was filled with traces as white as snow.

Every time the teacher raised his hand high, neat letters were engraved like calligraphy.

I tucked my upper lip under my bottom lip and wrote down what the teacher was writing in my notebook as quickly as I could.

Less than ten students would be taking notes. More than half of the students in the room had already fallen asleep.

The teacher would have attempted to encourage them in his own way, but they were already relieved by the thought that if he finished this topic, he would be able to finish the class earlier than normal.

Tak-

“That’s it.”

The teacher placed the shortened chalk on the table.

With an uneasy expression on his hands, he rubbed his palms to see whether there was any chalk powder on them.

He glanced at the blackboard with a satisfied expression on his face.

I also followed the trace of the teacher who somehow finished writing by dividing the space on the blackboard, finished taking notes, and put down the ballpoint pen.

“Done.”

My deskmate, who was taking notes, put up his glasses that had fallen down to the bridge of his nose and looked back at me as I murmured to myself.

“Jeff.”

“Yes.”

“I can’t read the handwriting very well, so please lend me your notebook.”

“Sure.”

My deskmate bent down and continued taking notes as if he was going to stick his nose in his own notebooks when I handed him the notebook.

I repeatedly opened and clenched my fist, which was aching due to the aftermath of intense handwriting.

Having nothing to do, I glanced around the classroom and eventually settled on the homeroom teacher.

The teachers, like the students, were exhausted.

The last class before supplementation was actually stretched out unless it was physical education.

The teacher sat cross-legged on a chair randomly placed next to the school table.

He yawned, looked at his phone, then scolded the person in front of me for no apparent reason, asking what the writing was.

The teacher looked over each of the students. I stretched out quietly. I crossed my belly and stretched my arms out in front of me. 

The thought of sneaking into Alan’s house tomorrow morning made my heart flutter.

It was a surprise event for the first time.

I had already made up my mind about what food I would give to Alan.

I planned to cook a basic boiled egg roll with seaweed, as well as some side dishes from my fridge and a fish cake soup.

Originally, I planned to make egg soup, but there were egg rolls, and making soup with eggs was a bit difficult.

The teacher looked into the classroom with bored eyes for a moment, then fixed his gaze on me.

He tilted his head and looked at me. Our gazes briefly met.