Chapter 9 : Late night call

"I want to talk to you"

*****

"Why? We saw each other all day long. Do you miss me that much? "

"And? Can't I want to talk to you? Even if we were with each other?"

"No, it's not what I mean."

"So let me call you. I have nothing to do anyway."

"Okay, but you can sleep if you get bored. "

"I don't want. What time do you finish tomorrow?"

"I finish school at 4 pm, and you?"

"Me too. Should we walk the road together?"

"But you live at the opposite way of mine."

"And? It's not a problem."

"Okay, if you want."

"I'll take my bike. I'll give you a ride."

"Aren't you afraid of falling?"

"No. It would be funny, at least."

"If I'm hurt, I'll kill you. Do you know it Jungwon?"

"You'll do nothing, because I'm stronger than you. You'll die, if we have a fight." He said while laughing.

"Are you sure? I'm a strong girl. I'll kick you in the face. You'll see butterflies all around you, like a comedy film."

"As if you can do that...." He said, with a smirk on his face.

"Of course I can, I'm not afraid of you."

"You should be afraid."

"Oh Jungwon, I didn't tell you! My mom said yes for me to come at your competition next week!"

"Really? It's so cool. Thank you so much."

"I'll support you ! I'll shout 'Jungwon the little cat, FIGHTING '!!" she said while laughing.

"If you do that, I'm going to get out of the ring and beat you more than my opponent. I'll fight you and not my opponent! " he said while laughing too.

They continued to talk for hours, while laughing, and making fun of each other. But the call ended when Sena fell asleep. She was already tired even before the call, but after 2 hours of talking and joking with him , totally put her to sleep.

"Sena? Are you sleeping?"

No answer.

"I heard that you started to have a sleepy voice..."

Jungwon started to smile, while putting his phone next to his pillow. He looked at the roof while smiling, lying down. Thinking about the last days spent with Sena. In fact, he liked her, he started to like her more and more. He didn't know why, or when he started to feel this feelings towards her. But he admired her. He found her pretty, funny, cute sometimes. The more time he spent with her, the more he appreciated her.

"Sena, I hope we will stay together. I promised to your mother, and to myself that I'll protect you and take care of you as much as possible."

He remained silent, while listening to Sena's breathe through his phone, and little by little he fell asleep too.

*****

The next day, as day broke, Sena noticed her phone was still on and remembered that she had fallen asleep on the phone. She had to go to class but she was late. They fell asleep at almost 3 am, and it was complicated to wake up early for school.

Sena was running on her way to school, then she saw a shadow running too. It was Jungwon.
They stopped in front of the gate and looked at each other, before laughing at the situation.

"Are you late too?" Jungwon asked while smiling.

"Yes" she answered.

They laughed and at the moment to go in the school, Jungwon grabbed Sena's hand.

"Should we go elsewhere? We are already late anyway, and we'll be punished if we go in."

"Where do you want to go?"

"We can go back to school this afternoon."

"Where would you like to go then? "

"Surprise! " then he grabbed her hand and took her to the bike park where he was parked.

He got on his bike with her behind him. He grabbed her hands and put them around his waist.

"You should hold me tightly." He said soflty.

"If I fall, I'll kill you Jungwon." She repeated before holding his sweat.

Then he started to ride faster and faster making Sena shout and laugh. He was smiling by listening to her laugh. As if it was a sound of happiness. A sound that made him flustered.

"You're so noisy."

"Shut up Jungwon." she said while pinching his arm.

"Ouch! What are you doing? "

"Don't say I'm noisy."

"You'll see what I'm going to do when we get there ."

"Where do we go?"

"We are here."

She looked over his shoulder to see the surprise spot he was talking about. She saw a beach with a boat stand.

"Are we going on a boat ?" she said anxiously.

"Yes. Are you afraid of it ?"

"Yes..." she said embarrassed, while blushing.

"Don't worry. And hold me tightly. Nothing will happen. "

"Okay."

They went towards the stand and asked for instructions. After that the man had explained them the process and instructions, he gave them life jackets and took them to a boat.

They sat on the boat, and when the man had made the engine work, they started to ride faster and faster. And she screamed because of the speed, making Jungwon smile.

"Don't worry , haha. You're such a kid."

"Stop it Jungwon, or I push you into the water."

*****

After few minutes, she started to enjoy the little trip through waves, and no matter how fast they go. She was sitting next to Jungwon, while holding his arms. She was calmer than before but not enough to let him go. Jungwon was smiling, feeling her closing in on him.
She was looking at the sea. The fishes swimming around them, when suddenly 4 dolphins started to jump behind them making Sena scream at the first sight, and finally laugh admiring them, making Jungwon smile.

"Look Jungwon! It's a baby dolphins." She said happily, by pointing them with her finger.

"Yes Sena. I see them."

"It's pretty, right?" She asked while looking at them.

"Yes. It's so pretty."  He answered while looking at her.

*****