Chapter 24 : News & promises

Their eyes widened at the sudden proximity.

*****

She gasped and stood up, almost pushing him back.

"Sorry." She said quickly, as embarrassed as she was.

"No it's my fault. No need to be sorry."

She walked towards the door, and left the place in a hurry. An atmosphere of embarrassment suffocated all around the room.
The night would be very long for both of them...

*****

The morning after they woke up, they avoided each other. They were still embarrassed at the situation of the previous day.
But because it was their last day, they had to do something, together.
Jungwon broke the silence between them again.

"It's the last day. Do you want to do something in particular?" He asked. 

"I don't know. Whatever you want." She said, avoiding his gaze.

"Maybe we should have a coffee first. It's the morning. It can be cool. Right?"

"Let's go." She said coldly, making the atmosphere heavier.

*****

They arrived at the place, and ordered a coffee and a tea.
During all the way to the café, they didn't talk much to each other.
But while waiting for their order to come, Jungwon received a sudden call.

"Sorry, wait a minute." He said.

"Hello?"

"Hello Jungwon. It's your coach , we have news for you."

"Oh! Yes what is it ?"

"It's a new competition. A national competition."

"Really?" his eyes widened, and he smiled widely.

"Yes, you'll represent Seoul, this day."

"Oh thank you so much, to trust me . I'll not disappointed you. And when is it ?"

"It's in less than a month. Train hard Jungwon."

"Thank you so much." he hung up.

Sena looked at him confused, and curious about the subject of the call.

"What is it?" She asked hesitantly.

"It's for a new competition. A national competition. I'm so happy!"

"Really? It's so good. Congratulation."

"Not now. Don't congratulate now. You should congratulate me if I win the fight." He said.

"I'll congratulate you even if you lose it."

"Don't say that. You'll jinx me ! "

"Okay, okay. But fighting. You'll win. I believe in you. " she said softly.

*****

After walking a bit around the city, they went to the hotel to pack their bags, because they had to leave in the afternoon.
They arrived and when she started to pack her bag, Jungwon appeared in her room.

"Hey Sena?"

"Yes?" She gasped and turned around.

"Can you come again?"

"Where?"

"To my competition?"

"Oh, of course I'll come, it's not even a question Jungwon, don't worry." She said happily.

He smile widely hearing her words. He was so much more confident with her at his sides.

"But I want you to promise me one thing, if you come."

"What is it?" She looked at him in confusion

"You have to stay until the end."

"It's evident? No?"

"No, I want to be sure of that."

"Why are you so serious suddenly?"

"Because I have something to do after my competition, and you have to be here."

"Okay, you make me curious. I don't like surprise that much, but I'll stay until the end for you. Don't worry."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

They promised while smiling. Then they continued packing their things up, without talking. The only sound you could hear was the sound of the sea, and the sound of them, and their bracelets .

*****

They were going to leave. They were in a taxi.

"I know we have class, but at the end of the day, can you come with me sometimes to my training?" He asked her hopefully.

"Your trainings? I'll bother you... Or disturb you."

"No, of course not. And if you want  I can even teach you few things in taekwondo."

"Okay, then. I want to learn things from you. I'll be better than you."

"Pff, stop talking nonsense.. you can't even be stronger than a ant."

"I'll kick your face one day Jungwon."

*****