Chapter 7 : Picnic

"Let's eat"

*****

There were pink flowers blowed in the wind, the grass was light green, the prettiest green. The lake had a fair blue water, almost transparency. The ducks and frogs were playing together like a movie. Everything was beautiful and so cute, like a drawing, like a fictional picture that would never exist in the world where we used to live. A place that no one took the time to admire, because time was precious, and the world needed poeple in a hurry, needed people to work and people who wouldn't take time for little things like that, who wouldn't waste time on trivia. But Sena and Jungwon, weren't a part of these people. They were admiring the beauty of nature. The beauty of places people can find next to their house.

They were sitting on the grass, on the tablecloth, touching the grass with the top of their fingers. They looked at the water, then they turned their eyes towards the sky, admiring the shaped of clouds, then turned their eyes towards the trees, and the fruits of the trees. During minutes, hours.
They didn't talk, they just looked at everything. But the dream was brought to an abrupt halt, by a noise. A cat..

The place was so beautiful and strange that even a cat would appear like this, as if it were one more character in the film of nature. The cat rubbed himself against Jungwon as if begging for caresses. He looked at the cat and smiled like a child admiring an incredible spectacle. They looked at the cat and laughed together because of the sudden appearing of the cat.

"Hey kitty, how are you?" Jungwon said, while caressing her head.

"I love cats." She said, while smiling at Jungwon.

"You too?"

"Yes. Jungwon, do you know you have cat eyes? " she asked suddenly.

"Really? Nobody told me that before ."

"So I'm the first one?"

"Yes."

"You look like a cat when you are smiling. Why am I, the first one to tell you that? I think people don't take time to look at you and admire your features. " she said.

"I don't know. Is it a compliment? "

"You are a cat Jungwon. Haha. A cat is a cute animal, isn't it? So yes, I think it's a compliment. " she laughed and smiled widely. Jungwon was staring at her, and seeing her smiling that way, he smiled back.

"Okay. I'm a cat if you want."

They laughed, but their sudden laughs scared the cat that ran away.

"Hey kitty! Come back!" he shouted.

"He would never come back Jungwon. You are too loud." She teased him , smirking.

"What did you say?" he asked coldly.

"You are loud? Isn't it what I just said? " she repeated.

"What? You'll regret what you said." He grabbed her shoulder, pressed her down and tickled her.

"Stop it! Haha." she laughed so loudly, then Jungwon laughed and continued.

"Never." He did it again, and again. Making fun of Sena's weaknesses.

"Jungwon!"

"No."

*****

After a good meal and a chat, they began to stroll around the park.

"You're mother accepted faster than I thought." he said.

"Right. I'm surprised too. But I hope you would never do anything bad to me. If you don't want to be hunted by my mother."

"I would never do something like that. Friends need to take care of each other. Right?"

"Right."

He patted her head, before continuing their walk.

*****

They arrived in front of her house, and at the moment to say goodbye someone shouted Sena's name. It was her mother.

"Sena!"

They turned and saw her standing on the doorstep. They analised the situation but didn't understand why was she shouting.

"Come." She said coldly.

"Yes mom, I come. " she had a bad impression. A very bad impression.

"No, Jungwon, come here please."

"What?" She stopped walking and looked at Jungwon.

"Please Jungwon, come here." She repeated.

He widened his eyes, and while hesitating, he went towards her mother, carefully, totally confused.

"Yes ma'am?" he said softly.

"It's only 5pm, but would you eat with us tonight?"

"What?" Sena said.

"I'm not being repeated."

"Sorry ma'am. I won't make you repeat again. "

"Come here."

She grabbed his arm, bringing him into the house before Sena's astonished eyes.

*****