Chapter 6 : One chance

"A boy ..."

*****

Her mother was almost too stunned to speak. She stared at Sena, without talking, without any actions, just like a statue.

"Mom?" Sena asked anxiously.

"Okay... " She answered before lowering her eyes.

"What?" Sena looked at her in confusion.

"I'll let him a chance. But if something happened, first of all I don't want you to cry, but also I'll never let you go with him anymore. Him or anyone else. Do you hear me ?" She said.

"Yes mom, thank you so much!" Her eyes widened at her mother's words. She answered happily.

She was smiling, widely. She was happy. For the first time, she wanted to go out with a boy, and for the first time, her mother let her go. So she just hoped Jungwon will stay with her. At all cost, she wanted to keep him at her side.

*****

It was the end of the day, and she was lying on her bed looking her news feed when she received a call. A call from Jungwon.

"Hello?" She answered the call in confusion.

"Hello Sena, It's me Jungwon." he answered softly

"Yes , I know it's you."

"Have you talk to your mother? "

"Yes... "

"Okay... and what did she say?" He asked hesitant. He was scared of the answer.

"She said,... Okay!" she shouted on the phone. She shouted so loudly that he had to move the phone away his ear. But he smiled at the new.

"Seriously? I thought she was never going to accept. I'm happy. So happy. So let's become friends for real."

"Yes , it's good. I'm happy too. "

"But don't avoid me anymore Sena. I won't let you get away from me again . Never. "

"Okay, Jungwon, I won't leave. Don't worry. "

She finally hang up , after a moment. She screamed and jumped on her bed, and all around her room. In fact she was happy because she could be friend with her first crush for real this time. But she didn't consider him as a crush anymore, but only as a friend. Someone she could talk to, laugh with.

*****

It was the week-end, she liked staying at home, even more when she didn't have any friends. She was watching a movie when someone knocked at the door. She paused the movie before moving towards the window. She widened her eyes when she saw Jungwon, waiting outside. Just in front of her house. She ran towards the stairs, and went down the stairs to open the door. She wanted to open the door, even more before her mother. But she was late. Her mother was in front of Jungwon.

"Who are you?" she said coldly, looking at him up and down.

"I'm Yang Jungwon, Sena's Friend." He answered softly, with an hesitant voice.

"Oh, you're the one she told me."

"Yes! I'm very happy to be Sena's friend. I will take care of her. I promise. "

"I don't trust boys, but for my daughter's happiness,  I have to make some choices, so I let you be her friend. But you made a promise, don't break it up! You have to keep it. "

"Yes ma'am." He said before bowing in respect.

"Sena! Oh, you are already here?" she turned around and met Sena's eyes staring at them.

"Yes?"

"He is waiting for you. What are you doing? Hurry up!" she was smiling. She was smiling at Sena. Sena was amazed by her mother's behavior.

"Thank you mom! Thank you so much. "

*****

They walked. Sena was following him closely. But she didn't know where they were going.

"Why did you come today? " she finally asked.

"I want to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Keep quiet. It's a surprise. " he showed her a bag.

"What's that?"

"It's food. Are you hungry?" He asked.

"Yes a bit. Why? Where are we going? Tell me! "

"Have a picnic! " he finally said while looking at her to see her reaction.

"Seriously? I've never done that! It's so cool." She said with like stars in her eyes, making him laugh.

"Really? You never have picnic before?"

"No, I don't have anyone  to have a picnic."

"I'm the first one then. It's cool. So let's go." then he grabbed her hand, and ran towards a sandy path.

*****

After few minutes of run,  walking and running together, by holding hands, they came to a small, calm and cute park surrounded by many trees.

"Let's sit here."

They sat just below a weeping willow in front of a narrow lake. They were ducks and frog in the water, making it look like a mini-movie in front of them. It was a very cute place, where we can hear the sound of birds, cicadas, moving water, the wind in the leaves and branches.

"It's so beautiful." She said with an amazed look.

"Right! "

He laid a squared tablecloth on the green grass and placed some dishes. He put fruits, for example strawberries, with and without chocolate, he put cubed watermelon, pieces of peach. He put some kimbap, and some chicken ribs. He put also some onigiris, and salad. Finally, he put some jellies, and fruits juice.

"Waw, amazing. You've brought back so much. And the strawberries with chocolate too!" She said.

"Yes, I want it to be unforgettable for you! For your first picnic. And of course I brought strawberries with chocolate! I promised you I'll let you test it. "

"It is unforgettable. It's my first one, and my favorite!"

"How can you know that it will be your favorite?"

"Because it's with you..." she answered gently.

He looked at her in confusion, and smiled, showing her his dimples. She smiled also. Like the reflection of a mirror, seeing him smile made her smile.

"So let's eat now!" They sat together and started eating.

"Let's go. Have a good meal !"

"Thanks Sena! You too! "

*****