Chapter 28: Birthday party

*****

It was Sena's birthday. She woke up slowly. She was so tired that she even forgot that it was her birthday. She went in the bathroom, and gasped when she saw her face with a haircut worthy for a lion. She went down the stairs, and met her mom.

"Happy birthday sweetie." Her mother said softly.

"What?" She looked at her confused.

"Happy birthday! It's your birthday today."

"Or really? I almost forgot... Thank you." she was suprised and confused.

"Tonight Jungwon come to the house. I invited him to spent your birthday with us."

"Really?" Her eyes widened by surprise, and she smiled. She turned tired to excited.

"Yes. It's a surprise. I shouldn't tell you?"

"Maybe. But don't worry, I'll pretend that I don't know." She said , chuckling about her mother's mistake.

*****

After school, she went home quickly, excited by Jungwon's visit.

When she arrived, nobody was at home. She was a little bit disappointed. She went up the stairs and sat on her bed waiting for her mother to come back home too. She was scrolling on her phone, and after a few minutes, she heard someone opening the front door. She went down the stairs quickly , but nobody was there.

"Someone is here?" she shouted, but no answer.

She was certain that she heard someone. Suddenly, she received a call, from an unknown number.
She gasped at the ringing tone, and finally she picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello babe."

"Who's there?"

"It's Shinso"

"How do you get my phone number?"

"It's my duty to have your number."

"Why? What are you thinking about ?"

"Just to have fun. Isn't it your birthday today?"

"I don't have anything to tell you. Leave me alone please. " she went to hang up the phone when he said something that gave her goosebumps.

"It's your birthday then, I'll see you later."

"What? Don't you dare come here. I'll call the police."

"Haha, funny." then he hang up.

She started feeling anxious, stressed, and scared. Nobody was at home, and she had heard something, but maybe it was just her imagination? And now she received a call from this strange guy. She felt so insecure here. And she was so scared that he could come at her birthday and make a mess, or a fight with Jungwon. She called her mother.

"Hello mom?"

"Yes?"

"When will you be back ?"

"I'm almost here. There are a lot of traffic."

"Okay, see you."

"What's going on? You have a strange voice."

"Nothing."

*****

After a few minutes, her mother arrived at home. She was so relieved to see her mother with her. And finally after an hour, someone knocked at the door. She ran towards the door with excitement.
Jungwon was there with a wide smile and flowers on his hands.