Chapter 14 : Competition

*****

It was finally the competition day. Jungwon worked so hard for this competition, and even harder knowing that Sena will support him. He prepared himself mentally and physically in the locker room by stretching, with the other fighters. He was stressed, a little bit. He didn't know if Sena was there or not yet.
He went towards the hall, where the crowd sat and watched the fights. He watched the crowd for Sena, but he didn't see her. He sighed heavily. The first thing he was thinking about is that she wouldn't come.

"Where are you Sena?" he whispered.

"Here." a voice answered.

He was startled and quickly turned around, his eyes widened when he saw Sena, smiling at him.

"I thought you wouldn't come. Why are you here and not in the stands?" He asked soflty, moving towards her.

"I wanted to say a few words of comfort before your fight. And of course I'll come, a promise is a promise." She said happily.

He smiled back.

"So, you have to win. No, do your best, even if you don't win, you're the best!" she said confused by her own words.

He laughed at her confusion, and her embarrassment. She was blushing, but he understood that she wasn't comfortable with compliments.

"Thank you Sena. Thank you for coming. I'll do my best. "

She suddenly patted his head before leaving him behind. He was surprised and soothed by her presence. She went towards the crowd and sat down quietly in the noisy crowd. He looked at her from a distance before being called by his coach.

*****

"I'm going to announce the first fighters : Yang Jungwon and Kim Seohu! Give them your support!!"

The crowd applauded them and they arrived from each side of the place. Sena was looking at Jungwon with a soft smile. She was stressed as if she was the one that was going to fight. Jungwon quickly looked at the crowd, looking for her with his eyes. They eyes suddenly met, and they smiled. As if in a crowd he could still see her.

"The fight is in 3 rounds. You have to make the more points you can. The winner is the one that makes more points before the end of the 3- minute round! Okay?"

"Yes!" they said together. They shook hands.

The fight started. Jungwon quickly kicked Seohu in the stomach. He continued by another kick in the leg. But suddenly, Seohu kicked him on the knee, making him fall. With each stroke and attack, the crowd almost shouted by surprise.
Jungwon quickly stood up before knocking his face , and making him fall with a sweep.

"2nd Round." someone shouted

Jungwon dodged the punch of Seohu , and punched him back in the stomach, before kicking him in the leg making him fall.

*****

After the 3 rounds, both fighters stood on either side of the referee. The judges were counting the points under the heavy silence of the crowd. After a few minutes, a man advanced on the tatami towards the referee before handing him the paper on which the winner's name was written.

"The winner with 17 points is .... Yang Jungwon!" he said, raising Jungwon's arm.

Everyone was applauding, and from a distance, Sena and Jungwon looked at each other, while smiling. Sena was so happy for him, and he was happy to win for and with the first support he had in his life.
They looked at each other, as if there were no one else in the room. Everything seemed to disappear around them.

"Jungwon?" A confused voice asked.

He turned around and looked at the referee.

"Yes?"

"You can leave the tatami now."

"Oh okay thank you." he said before bowing at the referee.

"They'll give you your medal at the end of the competition. Rest in the locker room."

"Okay." He said while leaving the tatami.

*****

After a few minutes, resting in the locker room, with some fighters while others sat on the benches watching the rest of the fights, someone knocked at the door. It was Sena.
She opened slowly and hesitantly the door.

"Why are you here? You can't." he said confused, looking at the others fighters around him.

Sena looked at the locker room . They were others fighters, shirt less, and looking at her confused.
Jungwon stood up, and grabbed Sena's hand before quickly taking her outside.

"Why did you come in the locker room? There are shirtless guys, and if I wasn't there? You don't know them, something could -" he was almost annoyed, but she cut him off.

"I want to see you. I'm happy that you win, congratulation."

He stopped talking and looked at her. His eyes widened by surprise. He smiled softly.

"Thank you Sena. Thank you so much. It's the first time someone has come to support me ."

"Really?" She said surprised .

"Yes."

"Okay, so I'm going to come every time for now on! "

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

They looked at each other, and smiled. They were both happy. Happy to see each other, happy because Jungwon had just won.

"I should go back to the locker room, they'll give the prices !"

"Yes, go back, I'll be waiting for you."

"Yes." he was going to leave but suddenly he turned around.

"Hey, sena?" Her eyes widened hearing her name.

"Yes?"

"It's already 5 Pm, do you want to go somewhere tonight?"

*****