Chapter 3 : Times

" see you soon."

*****

A few quiet days went by, as usual when nothing happened. They didn't met, didn't see each other.

In fact Sena, thought he was really cute, and handsome. She used to watch all his competitions on TV. She liked sports and she loved seeing him fighting, even more when he won so many times. He was like a crush for her. She wasn't in love with him, just a crush. She thought he was talented, and even charismatic.
But she didn't used to stay with boys. Or even being in a relationship with a boy, even in friendship. She prefered being alone than with boys, even him. She didn't trust boys.

Why?

Because of her mother.

She lived with her mother since her father died when she was 7 yo. And her mother used to tell her that boys are stupid and would play with her feelings more than anything else. That boys were just here to have fun and nothing else, and they'll break her heart. So she believed her. Even if her mother never told her the reasons of why she was so skeptical and resistant to boys, and why she pretended boys are that bad.

She went to the library, wearing her earphones as usual. She liked being alone. She was on the shelves of English literature, searching for an English grammar book, and another book to read. She loved learning languages. It was her project, being an English teacher.

*****

She was sitting on a table at the back of the library, learning some words and grammar rules. Then after a moment, someone was casting a shadow over her books. She turned her face to see who it could be, but she couldn't see who it was. She could only make out a figure, as he was against the light.

"Who are-" she asked confused.

The person cut her off.

"Can I sit here?" A familiar voice asked.

She recognized the voice. It was him, Yang Jungwon.

She couldn't answer. She lost her words. Maybe she was dreaming. It was as if hearing his voice made her lose all control.

"Sena?" he repeated waking her up from her thoughts.

He recognized her. He remembered her name. She was touched that he remembered her name.

"Yes?" She said hesitantly.

"Can I sit here?" He repeated.

"Yes you can, sorry."

"'No need to be sorry, it's okay. Thank you. "

Then he sat next to her, and started to read a book. He was silent. He turned the pages, one by one, and seemed so concentrated, as if absorbed by the book. But she wasn't concentrating at all anymore. She was reading him, more than her book.

She felt a little bit uncomfortable next to him. She felt his presence. She was thinking of him.

*****

After a few minutes, almost an hour of reading without talking, Jungwon broke the silence.

"What are you listening to?" He asked.

"I listen to nothing." She answered.

"But you are wearing earphones." He looked at her confused.

"It's just so people won't talk to me, if I wear it. I love listening to music, but I don't like to listen to music when I'm studying, it can disturb my concentration. "